The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:53:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350686 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Having an issue with a VW vendor online. Opinions?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Having an issue with a VW vendor online. Opinions?  (Read 2825 times)
Vwfreak53

« on: October 22, 2013, 21:20:18 pm »

At this point I won't name any names, but I must say after having done business with these folks in the past I'm pretty disappointed in the customer service I've received regarding an issue that has arisen. Let me explain and I'd like some opinions on how you guys think this should be handled.

As you know I'm restoring that purple gasser in the other thread. This car came with a very early set of Weber 48 IDAs which I am currently going through. After a thorough strip down and cleaning it came time to order rebuild kits. Not wanting to cheap out I went with "master kits" that are made by Weber. In the picture on the said website I ordered from, the kit was shown to include all gaskets, new mixture screws, floats, and new jet stack covers. Great. I order 2 kits at 70 dollars each and that's that. Fast forward a week later when the kits arrive I noticed that there are no mixture screws, no manifold gaskets, no throttle plate springs, no jet stack covers, etc. I emailed the place of business where I purchased the items and was told they would check with their vendor and see what the problem was. A few days went by so today I again emailed them and received the following response...

"Hi Tory,
I did get an answer from the vendor yesterday, and it wasn't good news. The bottom line on rebuild kits is that the contents of the kits (and associated price) is constantly changing based on what pieces are available at any given point in time. As a result of this new info, we have removed the photo that was on the product listing, since it showed items that are no longer included in the kit that is available from the US Weber distributor. The price that was listed IS the correct price for the kit that was most recently sent to us by Weber -- so it sounds like that eBay kit you found was a good deal.

Since we are not able to provide you with a kit that has all of the pieces that were pictured, we can send you a prepaid return shipping label for you to return all the kit components that you received from us and we will refund you your full purchase price. We are reviewing the way in which rebuild kits are listed on our site and will likely move to a "purchase by component" model since Weber has confirmed that the kit contents will continue to be inconsistently supplied each time we reorder.

Our next step will be to send a separate Return instructions email and RMA with the details needed to return the product you purchased from us. Or, if you would prefer to keep what you received, we can credit you back a discount  of $15 against the purchase price that you paid. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed."

After telling them to simply send me the jet stack covers and we are good, I was emailed back this...

"Let me double check the price of the basic kit, and I will see to it that you are credit back as if you purchased the basic kit rather than the one that appeared to include the jet screens. When we contacted them to inquire about the contents of the Master rebuild kit, we were informed by Weber that a set of jet screens by themselves currently cost as much as the kit price that you paid, and that they do not have any to supply us with at this time.

We understand that you would prefer that we honor the "photo" contents, but because this sort of "manufacturer kit inconsistency" and changes to product supplied are very common in the VW industry, our site (and all of our competitors as well) all have a posted disclaimer regarding "items may be different than pictured" and "prices/availability are subject to change without notice". This is the situation that has arisen here, and I'm sorry that we are not able to offer you the resolution that you believe is fair. Our offer for you to return the product for full refund still stands. Our site policies also advise for you to check your order thoroughly and not install or use items in the event you discover an issue so that the option to return for full refund will remain available to you."

Legal jargon was not what I wanted to hear at this point. I responded and said that basically what I received was the bare minimum kit which goes for 40 dollars each online. If they aren't going to furnish the parts that were pictured when I ordered these kits, I think 60 dollars (difference of 30 a kit between the basic and "master kit") is more in line with reality for a refund. I've also given them the option of just sending me a pair of jet stack covers like what was pictured originally but have heard nothing back. Thoughts? Opinions?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 21:22:56 pm by Vwfreak53 » Logged
Taylor

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 21:33:30 pm »

Get your money back and go somewhere else. That's easy!  Simple mistake.
Vwfreak53

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 21:52:39 pm »

I already used the parts that I could. I really didn't want to have to tear my carburetors back apart to put everything back in a box and deal with shipping everything back, ya know? I just assumed it would be easier and cheaper on both parties to just have them send me the missing parts...
richie

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 22:00:34 pm »

I already used the parts that I could. I really didn't want to have to tear my carburetors back apart to put everything back in a box and deal with shipping everything back, ya know? I just assumed it would be easier and cheaper on both parties to just have them send me the missing parts...

I have some extra jet stack covers/screens here, I dug a real nice pair out for you that look new, PM me your address and I will send you them free of charge, it sucks you didn't get what you were supposed to

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Andy Sykes

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 22:06:46 pm »

I have some extra jet stack covers/screens here, I dug a real nice pair out for you that look new, PM me your address and I will send you them free of charge, it sucks you didn't get what you were supposed to

cheers Richie

Awesome Smiley

I love the haters they make me famous.

im building this not just putting parts together, they are two totally different things

Your only here once turn it up to 11
Vwfreak53

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 22:09:49 pm »

Thanks Richie! You don't have to do that! Really cool of you. Let me see first if they plan on rectifying the situation. If not, I will gladly pay you for the stack covers! Cheers.
richie

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 23:16:18 pm »

Thanks Richie! You don't have to do that! Really cool of you. Let me see first if they plan on rectifying the situation. If not, I will gladly pay you for the stack covers! Cheers.

I got them, I don't need them and it will be good to see that car done so I am happy to help in that small way Smiley  Just let me know if you want them, if you insist on paying they $0.01 each Shocked Grin

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Vwfreak53

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 23:31:17 pm »

Sounds good man! PM sent. Thanks so much!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: