The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 21:16:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Top Racers lists
| | |-+  Proper top 20 list inline with some rules...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Proper top 20 list inline with some rules...  (Read 12051 times)
Russell

« on: November 07, 2013, 17:57:00 pm »

Guys

far too many questions about lists and times etc, I know on the other thread it was mentioned that things needed to be controlled better and more accurate and confirmed.....

My big issue is when times are not backed up, one hit wonders never can ensure that they or the timing was correct, whilst I m not the quickest or ever likely to be I have been very consistent, so if I got a new PB that would be great but wouldn't enter into any list unless it was backed up...

just my 2 cents for those guys who work really hard and are consistent, they deserve here place on the list, but to be beaten by a one off time is not fair.

example, someone runs 10.30s regularly and then on a one off gets a 9.91 but never does this again, whilst it would be there new PB it should only be on a list if backed up.

Best Regards

Russell
Martin

Cash Converter....

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 18:08:03 pm »

sounds much more like it to me

Martin

9 sec street car, its just simply not fast enough

Swing axle to CV convertion is on the website now

www.taylormachine.co.uk

OFF/500
Russell

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 21:43:05 pm »

come on then... before the season starts lets get the list and rules figured out or are you all too scared of the truth....... Grin

Best Regards

Russell
Andy

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 10:46:49 am »

How about adopting the NHRAs record run back up rules, I found this quote on one of their pages.

"When a driver exceeds the existing record on any one run, he will be required to make a performance backup run at the same meet, and within one percent of his original run in order for the new mark to be recognized."

Sounds fair to me.
NoBars

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 00:07:37 am »

Why not worldwide?

My real name is Anthony Consorte.
Martin

Cash Converter....

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 09:01:55 am »

backed up at the same meeting works for me.

as for the rules, I like the list we have on here.

as for all the pan car / chassis car / water cooled / aircooled, etc etc... I really don't care. we have fast pan cars, and fast chassis cars, fast aircooled and fast water cooled.

For me its the 2 valve pushrod flat four configuration that does it for me, I don't care whether it's a Pauter 3.3 like richies / Nick Edwards / Andy Sykes. or 1780cc buzz saws like Little Pete's or the water cooled 2.8 ltr of the skinnes.  they all float my boat! all still 2 valve pushrod flat four motors.

if you want to be the fastest, 'Try Harder' then back it up at the same event.

as for categorising them, I go back to the list we have here. It works, just needs people to post there tickets on it.

There you go Russell, is that what you mean?

Martin

Martin

9 sec street car, its just simply not fast enough

Swing axle to CV convertion is on the website now

www.taylormachine.co.uk

OFF/500
BeckyCalderon

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 11:02:16 am »

Why not worldwide?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: