The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 04:45:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Advice - Exporting car from UK to USA.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Advice - Exporting car from UK to USA.  (Read 2576 times)
Prowagen

« on: November 13, 2013, 02:45:53 am »

Hi All,

Anyone had experience taking/exporting a classic car to USA and it becoming registered over there?

Cheers,
Rob.
richie

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 03:34:00 am »

Rob

if I can help at all let me know, we have done a few now Wink and there are some issues to get round, but you might want to find someone who has done it to the state it will be registered in as it seems to vary from state to State on what they require

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Mike Maize

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 12:05:17 pm »

What are you bringing Rob?
Prowagen

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 14:47:59 pm »

Hey Richie,

I am contemplating taking one to CA so what did it cost you and what are all the hoops you have to jump through??

Mike I am thinking of taking the VW K70 over to CA to sell and maybe even the Ford Taunus.

Cheers,
Rob.
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 17:27:22 pm »

Mike I am thinking of taking the VW K70 over to CA to sell and maybe even the Ford Taunus.

Road trip!

Mike H.

Sven was right.
richie

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 22:07:09 pm »

Hey Richie,

I am contemplating taking one to CA so what did it cost you and what are all the hoops you have to jump through??

Cheers,
Rob.

It needs to be cleared by USA customs before it can even leave this shore, you need to talk to a shipping agent, get the forms and fill them in and submitted, anything that needs emissions testing in California will be a real pain, particularly something that was never imported their as they wont have any info on what standards it should meet. You really would want to import it into a more lenient state.
Roll on roll off was about $1700 and in a container about $2200 but its size related, then there is all the fees etc, it soon adds up to a lot!!!!

I would try sell from here and let the buyer deal with it, it is simpler if there is a different sender to receiver for some reason

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: