The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 08:48:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Nostalgia link of sorts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nostalgia link of sorts  (Read 3129 times)
bugnut68

« on: November 15, 2013, 00:49:09 am »

http://www.blackdragracers.com/urbanspotlight_rm_vol2_iss3.html

Not sure if anyone's heard of this guy, but I stumbled across this web site earlier today in my casual surfings of the interwebs. 
Jeff68

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 14:57:26 pm »

That's a great story that he told! Worth reading!
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 17:49:27 pm »

Haven't read it any better about the laid back cool with which Gary Berg drove that car.  It was iconic even back then. I always got a little excited when I saw it. 
I remember behind Nabisco one night Gary was staging to go against a trailered buggy.  Gene was in the passenger seat ready to hop out and the cops showed up.  Gene stayed in the car.  Cop came up told Gary to get out of here fast!  With a sort of wink and a lot of curiosity it was obvious the guy wanted to see it run.  Gene nodded to Gary and revved it up and dropped the clutch pulling the front wheels.  He broke the tires loose in three gears and the cops jaw dropped when he heard it shift into fifth.  The cop looked at me shocked and I said plainly....yep it's a 5 speed.  He was blown away. And then asked us all to leave SLOWLY.... Slowly!!!!!  Hah

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Neil Davies

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 22:06:34 pm »

Haven't read it any better about the laid back cool with which Gary Berg drove that car.  It was iconic even back then. I always got a little excited when I saw it. 
I remember behind Nabisco one night Gary was staging to go against a trailered buggy.  Gene was in the passenger seat ready to hop out and the cops showed up.  Gene stayed in the car.  Cop came up told Gary to get out of here fast!  With a sort of wink and a lot of curiosity it was obvious the guy wanted to see it run.  Gene nodded to Gary and revved it up and dropped the clutch pulling the front wheels.  He broke the tires loose in three gears and the cops jaw dropped when he heard it shift into fifth.  The cop looked at me shocked and I said plainly....yep it's a 5 speed.  He was blown away. And then asked us all to leave SLOWLY.... Slowly!!!!!  Hah

Worm, I remember you telling that story somewhere before and loving it then too! Can you imagine the look on Gene's face if he could hear Peter Shattock's SIXspeed Beetle?! Cheesy

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 22:22:18 pm »

I want to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Neil Davies

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 01:35:53 am »

I want to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sound insane! http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,3257.msg285951.html#msg285951

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
WPS

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 11:44:01 am »

Sounds better here.  Wink....Pete had the hang of it by now and with less Neil Diamond you can here it!!  Grin <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cs5dHwTLqmQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Cs5dHwTLqmQ</a>

But just wait 'til 2014!!! Shocked

Wolfsburg Performance Services

WolfsburgPerformance.co.uk

Instagram:  wpsengines

07880-311850.
Neil Davies

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 15:08:43 pm »

I'd forgotten about that clip! Here's me struggling to find time to work on my heap to be out at some point in 2014 and you guys are ripping up the rule book to great effect. Having been at Shakey for the Neil Diamond run it gave me the same goosebumps that I imagine the people who were there when Gene and Gary did that 5-speed street pass. Awesome.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: