The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 08, 2024, 02:31:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351031 Posts in 28634 Topics by 6844 Members
Latest Member: Dom Smith
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Happiness is definitely a '66 hot vw!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Happiness is definitely a '66 hot vw!  (Read 28806 times)
nicolas

« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2024, 20:41:53 pm »

first off, thank you Tim for the comment. I appreciate it very much. this car has grown on me lately. it has been a bit of a fight for the last ten years, but since getting it more attention in the last two years, I think we are bounding  Grin

too bad he was at the wrong side to catch the one wheel burn out...  Roll Eyes

so I did 2 runs. 1st was OK. a lot of wheelspin still, but no hop, due to the traction bar that I tabbed up. the tyre pressure was too high.

second run was a total mess. I bogged in the burn out and during the run it ran badly. so that was it for me that weekend. I wanted to drive it Saturday evening to the chalet with my friends and it acted up again. so bad we towed it to the site. so my weekend of racing was done. and I couldn't quite figure out what happened or why.
in the next weeks I got to work on and off on the car, with one day of really digging into it with a friend. so three weeks later, I found out the coil from the MSD failed and that caused the bogging. than I installed a regular 009 with a blue coil, to have one cylinder not firing. that in the end was due to a bad sparkplug wire. So at this point I will drive the car. for a streetcar it sure does not lives up to it's name and is trailered a lot more than it is driven. and driving it would at least give me some sense of knowing what it does (heating up, gears, brakes,...) all simple things, but in changing so much and trying to make things better it is usefull to actually see progress. hence driving.  Wink

in a few weeks it will be Spa and I hope to bring it there in better shape and hopefully do some runs. slow, yes. improving, yes-er. having fun, yest!
richie

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2024, 20:48:53 pm »

having fun, yest!

That's the most important thing, and so many people lose sight of that while trying to impress others !!!

good to see you are enjoying it Cool

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2024, 08:24:00 am »

Fabian you did a good job with the pictures to make it look fast Grin

cheers Richie
Grin Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: