The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:51:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Cal Look History lecture - UK
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cal Look History lecture - UK  (Read 3360 times)
EddieT67

« on: July 01, 2015, 13:19:47 pm »

Okay, so, I have had this dream/ vision for a while of running an evening of a Cal Look History lecture.
Yep, like a proper mock history lecture, tweed jackets, cheese, wine et all (actually they're all optional)

From the online magazine that my friends and I run, we could definitley get the exposure needed to promote it.. BUT.. its the content that worries me.

Have we got enough (or any even) 'legends and icons' of the prioneering days of the Cal Look and Drag Racing scene in the UK? Unfortunatley one great source of this has been disbanded in the shape of the Gasser Garage - I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who has taken that on as a full and complete entity?

Besides, by name and nature - these guys and the cars are U.S. based, and we are just not in a position to organise internal travel and associated expense.

SO...
What are your thoughts guys? Would you be interested in such an event, personally..?
All feedback welcome! 
Russell

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 10:31:14 am »

Unfortunatley one great source of this has been disbanded in the shape of the Gasser Garage - I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who has taken that on as a full and complete entity?

All feedback welcome! 

Not sure what you mean by this, the cars are still together and still active but not at the EBI stage, the VW Gasser Garage name was used to cover a group of people who all helped me to take, build revive and race these cars, unfortunately this was not only time consuming but costly, however many people gave free time and support to let us all experience the old days.

I would welcome your idea if you can get others involved, if its Cal Look UK you have Keith and Ivan and so many more Cal Look fans that have been in it since day 1 !, However European Call look is just as important look at DFL this year, one truly amazing club and I'm sure can be talked about with the likes of DKP.

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
EddieT67

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 12:08:38 pm »

Aha, my apologies, it was my understanding that the cars were going up for sale! glad to hear theyre still safe in your hands! This is true, if I could possibly get people like Keith and Ivan on board we would be onto a great thing indeed!
oldschoolfool

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 10:09:19 am »

more info on the on line mag please

dave
EddieT67

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 23:59:48 pm »

more info on the on line mag please

dave

Sure - I help run Air Monkeys the free online aircooled VW lifestyle magazine, covering feature cars, new products, kitsche and niche hobbies and lifestyle choices surrounding the VW scene, such as skateboard companies, music reviews, and other small business enterprises. We have been going since 2011 and tend to release quarterley, depending on our full time work commitments and other family lives. It is a hobby, a passion and a love. We have a global audience which makes it really exciting, if hard to keep with with Indonesian guys chatting on our facebook page!

www.airmonkeys.co.uk
facebook " Air Monkeys VW"
instagram @airmonkeys_vw
EddieT67

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 09:27:56 am »

If I'm going to get this thing off the ground I do need a solid concept to approach potential contributors with - so a few questions and potential attendees..?

1) WHEN would you like to see this? - Winter or in the 'off-season' to avoid clashes with other shows/races? or in height of the show season to attract folk out in their numbers?
                                                    - Evening lecture? or say an afternoon event with the potential to hold an evening meal perhaps?
2) WHERE would you like it to be? - Would this sort of thing be better at an iconic location such as Santa Pod, or would any conference type facilty work?                                 (this also lends itself to the WHEN part too!)  

Lot to think about, but with over 700 'views' on this thread there must be a level of interest in this concept? I'd really appreicate any input whatsoever - even if you think I'm off my rocker!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: