The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 14:06:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350698 Posts in 28579 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  1956 oval streetcar
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1956 oval streetcar  (Read 10204 times)
anders h

« on: December 06, 2015, 08:13:43 am »

Hello, i have been a member of this exelent forum for years and its time to start a thread.. I did buy my first vw back at -92 and i allways wanted to have a hi power streetcar. Oldschool cal-lookers have been the leading star thru the years so i will try to put my verision of a cal looker together.. It started with a visit at gustafs place. There was a rusty horizontblau fiftysix in the garden and i did see the potensial of the car. I have been taking some help with this projekt to get it on the streets next summer and the scheudele is still ok, the plan is to get the pan and the body back together around cristmas so i can put the rest together in the spring. The body will keep its patina but the chassie will be all restored.
The engine will look like this:
Cb 74mm x 92 AA
Engle w125
Logmech heads stage 1. 40x35,5
Csp 44 manifolds and idf44
Scat 1:25 rockers

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 08:18:27 am by anders h » Logged
anders h

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 08:19:35 am »

Oops pictures up side down..
anders h

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 22:35:50 pm »

Progress... Marcus helping me out with the body... Soon its time to get body and pan together again after some years. Then the really fun starts..
anders h

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 21:16:45 pm »

Some progress.. [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
anders h

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 21:21:40 pm »

Ooops.. Here comes the right picture.... Fredde is helping me out with the engine.
anders h

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 21:30:31 pm »

I dont know why i got all those pictures in .. However, the chassie is almost done and next step is to moutn the fenders and windows and starting with the electrics... Trying to get everyting done with the body before fredde is calling and telling me that the breakin is done.. I think this will be a fun summer..
anders h

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 15:53:29 pm »

Progress! Hopefully i can drive some this summer.. [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
anders h

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 07:10:51 am »

So its time for a update. This week i got the engine back and now its time to sort out the coolingtins, carbs and exhaust. I got the best help with the engine and iam looking froward to get it in the car. Since i was in a bicycleaccident this spring i had to get a new deadline to get the car ready so i will try to sort it out and drive it at " cold balls" who is at wintermeet in the north of sweden  with a rallytwist. But before that, a lot of work to get it ready, dyno the car and tune in the chassie.....
I have to say how happy i am with the engine, the engine looks great thanks to mister hökåsen. Thank you fredde
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
anders h

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 18:18:53 pm »

Fitting coolingtins ...a litle bit exited.... [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
anders h

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 20:46:07 pm »

Since there is no snow and the oval was ready for a testrun i took the chance.. Fist trip since 1976 went to my friend mattias, about 12 km.There is some adjustments left but the feeling of driving the projekt for the first time is amazing.. Exept some adjustments iam really happy. It runs strong.. I did not drive it so hard but i can notise there is a lot of power in it.. Iam happy!, really happy..
nicolas

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 18:34:54 pm »

never looked at this topic before, but i do like this car. it may not fit the 'callook specific rules' (no i am not going to go there) but i would drive this for sure.
anders h

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 09:20:37 am »

Hello, no maby its not cal-look perfect at this moment, and maby it never will..  But in the fist step its back on the road, thats the plan, step 2 will include discbrakes and some other wheels. The car includes a rollcage now so it will safer while driving it.  And tryng to adjust the chassie so it will be as driverble as possible is importans so my wife could take it to work if neccery,.  the work will continue!
But now ima looking forward to th dyno in januari so it will be tuned in perfectly..
Neil Davies

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 10:35:07 am »

I think it's Cal Look. Ok, the front tyres aren't quite in keeping with "the rules", but that's a little thing. I think it would look great on Centerlines, old ones that have lost their shine but still look special. I love the car!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
anders h

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 11:08:43 am »

Aaa, the fronttrires is just for testdriving, the car war up for classic rallytouch in an earlier plan. I woul really get my hands on og fuchs who lost their shine...or centerlines..and i really like maggrey brm,s.. We will see closer to the summer how it turns out!!
There is some 70:s accesories on the shelf going in to the car..the biggest problem at the moment is to find some good seats because the cage dont allow og seats. Starting to get old and safeseeking.. But modren seat will never get in to the car.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: