The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 20:42:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  36 Dcnf's on 42 manifolds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 36 Dcnf's on 42 manifolds  (Read 2315 times)
sam P

« on: April 10, 2014, 20:59:59 pm »

Does anyone know if 36 dcnf's will fit on 42 dcnf manifolds?

Thanks, Sam.

nicolas

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 10:27:13 am »

hello,

maybe not a complete answer, but the dean 42 dcnf manifolds i have measure 84mm by 48mm center center. the 42 DCNFs i have with them have been reamed out (towards the inside) to fit these.

if you want to get rid of the 42 manifolds please let me know as i am looking for a reasonably priced set (no brand name is just fine for my intentions)

hope it helps

sam P

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 19:46:19 pm »

Hello Nicolas,
Do you perhaps mean that your 36 dcnf's have been reamed out to fit 42 manifolds?  (As it doesn't seem logical to ream out 42's to fit 42's)  Huh   Also, could you check those measures again? My 42 dcnf's measure 84mm (length) and 52mm (width) on the stud centers and 48 mm  barrell to barrell center.

Thanks in advance,
Sam

nicolas

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 08:49:06 am »

alright,

i don't have 36 DCNFs… i have two sets of 42's (both Berg modified, but differently done) the one i did the measurements on are 42 DCNFs on Deano manifolds these manifolds have 84mm and 48mm between the centers of the studs, the opening of the hole in the ports is shy over 42mm. the carbs themselves are 42s (logo is still on them), and the holes to fit the manifold have been reamed out (towards the inside) to fit these Deano manifolds. they seem to have been 52, like you measured yours.

i have the other set on the engine and measurements may not be 100%, but i did try to measure them up best i could. these are also 42DCNFs but on Berg manifolds. here it all lines up a bit better as the carbs and manifolds have 84 by 52mm. i can't measure the center to center hole, but i do know they lined up and were matched in size.

i can't comment on how 36 DCNFs look( and don't know the measurements), but looking at the holes it doesn't take too much to open the holes up to fit them, if needed. its 2mm each side.

hope i am a bit clearer on what i said earlier, hope it helps.

off topic:
my deano manifolds and berg manifolds do have one distinctive difference in look, now that i have them next to each other. the Deano manifolds have a 42 entrance right under the carb, but open up to a bigger port size (seems closer to 50mm) and then funnel back to the head size. the bergs are a straight funnel from carb to head. is there a difference (advantage/disadvantage) from one to the other?
sam P

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 19:56:11 pm »

Okay Nicolas, thanks for your help. Everything's clear now. I just bought a set of 36 dcnf's, and the stud pattern is the same als my 42's. They fit.

My manifolds are racetrims, and they have the same shape als the dds manifolds. Obvious advantage of this design is that the same casting can be used for 36 to 44 mm carbs, and maybe even opened up for something bigger (f.i. throttle bodies?..) Or it might just be shaped like that for intake runner volume/ flow/speed purposes, but that's beyond my knowledge.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: