The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 21:12:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  My First Engine Build....2110
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: My First Engine Build....2110  (Read 114121 times)
andy198712

« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2019, 23:40:40 pm »

Have it a quick coat of paint and also had a charge cooler arrive,
I was thinking of a tube style ones but figure if I just commit to a parcel shelf cooler I can have a bigger one, so ended up with this,

And fitted my 360cc injectors which should get me going!
andy198712

« Reply #211 on: October 05, 2019, 10:58:10 am »

Guess i'm due an update....

The car is coming along,

New wiring loom nearly ready for battery and testing

New ECU nearly complete, just need to finish the box for it

New ECU loom just needs wrapping and adding connectors

Turbo mounted and clears the rear valance and decklid closes  Shocked

Redesigned the fuel system using AN6 PTFE hose and AN6 fittings in the engine bay, re ran the hard lines front to back, nearly done.

New engine trays fitted from hookys and new tarboard fitted to hide wiring.

Charge cooler mounted in parcel area and intake piping very nearly finished.

Throttle body mounted up, just need the cable routing sorted.

Re designing the oil system using all push lock AN10 fittings, and had to move the oil cooler to the right hand side under the parcel area and filter is o the left under there (using a thermostat plate) ordered fire sleeve for the oil lines till it gets away from the exhaust.

Nearly done with the AN4 PTFE turbo feed line from the pressure switch.

Need to make my turbo drain (horrible angle sadly) most will be hard pipe then just a rubber coupler where it enters the deep sump.

Repainted the 911 fan.

ordered a methanol tank so will mount that when it arrives and the pump then decide on nozzles ect they will be just after the charge cooler and will have a nice long path to allow for most charge cooling.

and thats about all i can think of.... ive been putting in a lot of hours and alot of money to get this done but really been enjoying working on it.
although now i just want to start driving and tuning it!

oh and need to make a dump pipe..... i want it exiting out the stock locations if possible.

pics to follow

andy198712

« Reply #212 on: October 05, 2019, 11:08:44 am »

brewsy

« Reply #213 on: October 05, 2019, 15:23:10 pm »

Looking good Andy.
Cant wait to hear it and see if you can indeed get that big old snail spinning merrily!

Cheers
andy198712

« Reply #214 on: October 05, 2019, 19:50:57 pm »

That is something I’m interested in too! On the plus side, smaller exhaust housings are available and aren’t too expensive.

Getting there!
andy198712

« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2019, 14:51:03 pm »

Well an update.

the fuel system is all in, but the fuel tank leaked and the fuel pump had died....  Roll Eyes

there fuel tank leaked where i'd "clearanced" it with a lump hammer to clear the polo steering rack and made a crease. any better ideas on how to clearance it ? heat it first? (new tank)

and the fuel pump just didn't like being sat for so long, was a bosch pump. i freed it up with light oil and a hammer as i wanted to test the fuel system for leaks and i got it going, but i wouldn't trust it.

so the new fuel system works fine without leaks at pressure which i'm super happy about!!
just searching for a bosch 044 fuel pump at a god price  Undecided  Opie oils is the cheapest at £130 and is 20 mins drive from me but i'm going to speak to them about discount.

and i'll sort a new fuel tank, i don't want to risk welding my old tank..... seems very dodgy....?

so the fuel system was okay.

then fitted the oil lines and cooler etc for the last time. that's finished.

i'm making my turbo drain this week and i need to change the flange on the CB header to fit the turbo smart wastegate, i really thought the wastewater would just bolt on?! the CB flange is too small though.

2 steps forward 3 steps back!!

getting there though Smiley

oh i picked up the stainless for my tail pipe/ dump pipe. 2.5inch 316 stainless i went with.

few wires to add in and make up, mount the ECU and run the loom and add plugs but its getting there.....
andy198712

« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2019, 13:56:19 pm »

managed to get it to briefly fire up, was a great relief that everything worked!
need to tune it now, and sort out the right hand silicone elbow as its collapsing under vacuum....

i also need some longer overals.....

https://youtu.be/05QCSlxNFVE
brewsy

« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2019, 14:03:40 pm »

managed to get it to briefly fire up, was a great relief that everything worked!
need to tune it now, and sort out the right hand silicone elbow as its collapsing under vacuum....

Sounds nice!!
And you're right, wheres the flood??  Wink
andy198712

« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2019, 20:06:33 pm »

Sounds nice!!
And you're right, wheres the flood??  Wink

Grin
Thanks !
andy198712

« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2019, 19:27:43 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk3XrigWIMc

and first time moving under its power in a good year or two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JiXZWkNu-g
andy198712

« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2020, 18:14:37 pm »

So with pretty much all the silicone bends collapsing under vacuum i decided to make as much of it out of metal as i could, leaving the minimum amount of joiners and silicone.

now i just have silicone at the throttle body, manifolds, charge cooler, and T piece, and these are all only short straight couplers.

i made these out of stainless (as i don't have the welder to weld ally)  i've done the internal pipes but not ground them flush yet so they don't look as nice  Grin

brewsy

« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2020, 19:24:42 pm »

Looks good!
If youre flattening (or blowing off) silicon had you considered V bands?
Looks like they are quite cheap now especially if you can weld the SS yourself!!

https://profusionexhausts.com/components/clamps/v-band/2-5-inch-63mm-profusion-304-stainless-steel-v-band-clamp-kit-vbq250.html

andy198712

« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2020, 19:27:10 pm »

It was the bends I used it for and had issues with, 90’s and 180 degree bends.
But yeah I may end up added the odd v band to the exhaust Smiley
andy198712

« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2020, 17:29:14 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QAVsS_q0EM

i probably should add shock absorbers  Shocked
but for a first run post rebuild at least it works! needs some work on the tune thats for sure!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: