The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 23:56:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Jeff Denham
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Jeff Denham  (Read 73751 times)
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2014, 03:40:06 am »

I don't know anyone that can stay in business without receiving money to make up for lost time?  If payment is accepted; work should be preformed. Period! If you can't do the work in a reasonable amount of time a refund should be given.I'm not bashing and don't know the details here but in my business; it's common practice. PEACE OUT!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:41:23 am by WCB Hitler's Hot Rod » Logged

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
baz

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2014, 13:59:40 pm »

I'd say jeff would probably prefer this thread to disappear but I want to post up a pic of todays arrival.

Jeff does some nice work,  he even welded my heads to accept a third stud on the inlet manifolds and match ported the inlets to a template I sent.  jeff won't let me pay him for this extra work, he also threw in some cool stickers  Smiley

Thanks jeff

I will prevail.
henk

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2014, 18:21:30 pm »

Good thing i turned out good for both then.

Henk!!!
ugly duckling

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2014, 04:19:40 am »

HI BAZ, GLAD THEY GOT THERE.IM TRULY SORRY FOR THE MAJOR DELAY, I HOPE YOU GET TOGETHER VERY SOON AND HAVE SOME GREAT!! TIMES!!  ENJOY!!.  Smiley

baz

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 08:08:55 am »

Hey Jeff the timing worked out great in the end, motor is going together in January. I know these heads will put a smile on my face and I know you put in a lot of effort over the last few weeks to make it happen, so thanks dude for my very own set of JD heads  Cool take care and I'll be in touch when I need to go faster

I will prevail.
max, Der Bahnstormerz

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2014, 19:01:17 pm »

I guess Picasso could only paint just so may paintings
DaveN

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 11:16:38 am »

Does anyone know if Jeff is still in business?  He doesn't answer emails .  I have been waiting for my parts for a engine kit for 5 years now!!!!!  He has sent some of the parts but usually a parcel arrives once a year.  I just want my parts now.
numbnuts

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 23:03:46 pm »

He replied to me on Facebook not long ago, maybe try that route

2854cc 1956 cal looker coming to this space shortly
vwhelmot

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2017, 23:08:21 pm »

5 years? Is it being fashioned from crushed unicorn horn?  Just a bit wrong really.
DaveN

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2017, 00:06:52 am »

5 years? Is it being fashioned from crushed unicorn horn?  Just a bit wrong really.

I think so!

He was on Facebook then disappeared for a few months. Now this evening he has started to appear on there again.  He has been dragging this out for years now with various excuses.
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2017, 01:13:17 am »

That really sucks man, someone can come with all the good reasons in the world but holding up your parts or money for 5 years then just dissapearing and no communication... I hope you get your parts or a refund soon.

DaveN

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2017, 08:49:49 am »

It seems acceptable in the VW world to take peoples money for goods/service and then take forever to complete the job.  You wouldn't expect that kind of poor service anywhere else.  a 5 year wait is beyond a joke 
mg

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2017, 07:02:57 am »

It seems acceptable in the VW world to take peoples money for goods/service and then take forever to complete the job.
You wouldn't expect that kind of poor service anywhere else.  
ymmv but be aware everyone sez they can do it but only a few can...
So it is everywhere in the car biz, in most cases it is incompetence...
at least Jeff Can make great heads when he wants too.
DaveN

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2017, 08:28:07 am »

The heads were cnc angleflows it took him 3 years to fit the guides , seats and valves. The rest of the job was just to supply the parts which were paid for.

Even if he is competent at his job does that mean keeping paying customers waiting 5years is acceptable?  I can do my job but I don't think any of my customers would be happy waiting 5years for me to finish especially if I had been paid up front in full
UltraOrange67-2443

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2017, 12:57:15 pm »

It seems acceptable in the VW world to take peoples money for goods/service and then take forever to complete the job.  You wouldn't expect that kind of poor service anywhere else.  a 5 year wait is beyond a joke 

Sad

1967 1200 2920cc EFI
Nikov

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2017, 21:51:19 pm »

It seems acceptable in the VW world to take peoples money for goods/service and then take forever to complete the job.
You wouldn't expect that kind of poor service anywhere else.  
ymmv but be aware everyone sez they can do it but only a few can...
So it is everywhere in the car biz, in most cases it is incompetence...
at least Jeff Can make great heads when he wants too.

And the operative words in that statement are: 'when he wants to', not bloody good enough when a fellow is parting with hard earned brass!
DaveN

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2017, 16:30:04 pm »

As I haven't heard anything I posted on facebook last night asking Jeff "where are my parts?" he did not reply and has now blocked me.  Another example of the great service you get when dealing with him.
baz

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 16:34:30 pm »

That's just nuts  Sad

I will prevail.
DaveN

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2017, 16:36:01 pm »

a 5 year wait isn't enough time I guess.
mg

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2017, 17:42:03 pm »

at what point does your purchase/cause transform into trolling said porter?

My perspective, if you are spending $$ in the car hobby 2 things are likely to happen.

1. You must expect you will not receive fair value for every $ spent.
    Some parts never arrive and half the parts that arrive are not up to standards.
    (A lot of junk and labor short cuts in the hobby car parts biz)

2. All parts you buy are worth half or less when it's time to sell them someday.

Many car guys can't deal with it and get out of the hobby, go back to gardening.
Racing old cars is frustrating and expensive, we waste money all kinds of ways. Smiley
Bummer you might not get your heads or $$ back.

I have empathy from a lifetime of hobby cars/race cars.
The worst offenders...
When you trust experts to help build your car and you find later after racing it at high speeds...
that they did not know what they were doing.

All these experiences make me appreciate the minority of technicians I know that can and will do it right.  Cool

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 17:44:33 pm by mg » Logged
DaveN

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 17:52:23 pm »

at what point does your purchase/cause transform into trolling said porter?

My perspective, if you are spending $$ in the car hobby 2 things are likely to happen.

1. You must expect you will not receive fair value for every $ spent.
    Some parts never arrive and half the parts that arrive are not up to standards.
    (A lot of junk and labor short cuts in the hobby car parts biz)

2. All parts you buy are worth half or less when it's time to sell them someday.

Many car guys can't deal with it and get out of the hobby, go back to gardening.
Racing old cars is frustrating and expensive, we waste money all kinds of ways. Smiley
Bummer you might not get your heads or $$ back.

I have empathy from a lifetime of hobby cars/race cars.
The worst offenders...
When you trust experts to help build your car and you find later after racing it at high speeds...
that they did not know what they were doing.

All these experiences make me appreciate the minority of technicians I know that can and will do it right.  Cool

I would hardly call it trolling?  all I asked was "wheres my parts" a fair question I think considering the timescale I have been waiting?  Jeff doesn't answer emails.. So what would you do? say oh well and swallow a loss. 

mg

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 18:03:04 pm »

I would hardly call it trolling?  all I asked was "wheres my parts" a fair question I think considering the timescale I have been waiting?  Jeff doesn't answer emails.. So what would you do? say oh well and swallow a loss. 

Agree it's not trolling just peer pressure at this level.  Wink

It's been 5 years, my cutoff would of been 2 or 3 years and then a few months of stewing and processing the loss.
If I were you I'd rather reflect on my car with the fact that it does not have anyones parts on it that have disappointed me.
The last thing we need is to be pissed off the people that helped build our cars.
Me if the heads did arrive after 6 years I would just sell them.

Heads are a very cool parts of your build.
Why consider bolting such a disappointing chapter of your build to your pride and joy?
Why continue the bad blood, why suffer through a small claims court.
Where you can get a ruling in your favor but collecting is still difficult.
DaveN

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2017, 18:14:55 pm »

Agree it's not trolling just peer pressure at this level.  Wink

It's been 5 years, my cutoff would of been 2 or 3 years and then a few months of stewing and processing the loss.
If I were you I'd rather reflect on my car with the fact that it does not have anyones parts on it that have disappointed me.
The last thing we need is to be pissed off the people that helped build our cars.
Me if the heads did arrive after 6 years I would just sell them.

Heads are a very cool parts of your build.
Why consider bolting such a disappointing chapter of your build to your pride and joy?
Why continue the bad blood, why suffer through a small claims court.
Where you can get a ruling in your favor but collecting is still difficult.

The guy takes money from people to do a job and doesn't do it or takes forever. That is not acceptable to me.  I should not have to process a loss, he has been paid and only needed to supply parts.

If you actually read my complaint its not just about some cylinder heads it was a complete engine I purchased in October 2011.

I continue with the bad blood as you call it , because I don't like piss takers, people work hard for their money so why should they get shafted.
leec

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2017, 18:21:44 pm »

I find mg's logic bizarre. Of course parts are not always worth what you paid after a period of time because you have used them and had your money's worth.
In the example here, Dave has paid for parts he hasn't received. How can he just roll over and take it on the chin? I couldn't afford to nor would I want to.  If more people stood up for themselves/what's right then the world would be a better place.

Lee
vwhelmot

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2017, 18:32:39 pm »

MG, I'm sure if this happened to you at this sort of scale you would still be really pissed off too.  I would say it's the principle of it but on this occasion we are talking a lot of money involved too.  I don't blame fiat 600 for being like this, I would be too.
leec

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2017, 18:34:12 pm »

Dave,
How much in £ is the sum of all parts missing?
Lee
mg

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2017, 18:45:54 pm »

I'm just saying it happens to all of us in the car hobby, everyone of us.
I am a little jaded from my own and from hearing experiences like yours, very common.
Yes it's easy to be a voice of reason when the dollars are not flying out of my wallet.  Roll Eyes

I don't know the particulars in your case but I can tell you it's a fraction of the $$ I have lost to bad car biz.
Car biz is filled with mostly hustlers that take advantage of car guys mostly the naive car guys.

In most cases it is better to heal and remove yourself from the aggravation.
The alternative is lawyers and fights on principle, don't take it so personally.
Don't self loathe over the fact that some goof didn't provide you the parts you paid for.
Why waste your life trying to educate a poor supplier about how they should do business?
Why continue discussing this if there is a good chance it will tarnish your enjoyment of your car hobby?

Reminds me of this phrase...
What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it's supposed to be.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 18:52:36 pm by mg » Logged
DaveN

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2017, 19:16:58 pm »

I'm just saying it happens to all of us in the car hobby, everyone of us.
I am a little jaded from my own and from hearing experiences like yours, very common.
Yes it's easy to be a voice of reason when the dollars are not flying out of my wallet.  Roll Eyes

I don't know the particulars in your case but I can tell you it's a fraction of the $$ I have lost to bad car biz.
Car biz is filled with mostly hustlers that take advantage of car guys mostly the naive car guys.

In most cases it is better to heal and remove yourself from the aggravation.
The alternative is lawyers and fights on principle, don't take it so personally.
Don't self loathe over the fact that some goof didn't provide you the parts you paid for.
Why waste your life trying to educate a poor supplier about how they should do business?
Why continue discussing this if there is a good chance it will tarnish your enjoyment of your car hobby?

Reminds me of this phrase...
What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it's supposed to be.

MG you might be prepared to take a loss but im not.  So what your saying is I should forget about it, cut my losses, enjoy my hobby and wait this to happen to the next person?  sorry that's not me.

Is Jeff a friend of yours?
mg

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2017, 20:04:13 pm »

MG you might be prepared to take a loss but im not. 
So what your saying is I should forget about it, cut my losses, enjoy my hobby and wait this to happen to the next person? 
sorry that's not me.

Is Jeff a friend of yours?

You just wanted a fast VW engine.
You did not sign up to be Rambo and correct all that is wrong in the car hobby.
Nothing you can do is going to change his business behavior or stop it from happening again.
You can't control other people.

I don't know Jeff, and none of the car guys that have ripped me off or treated me poorly are my friends either.

Because I try to let it go, don't dwell on the negative and move forward.
After 5 years give yourself a break from the bad and think about the positive.

To elevate your concern file a small claims case on him and let it go through the official process.
This thread appears was not helpful in receiving your VW parts.

But you did get your pound of flesh as others may consider your experience before calling Jeff.

DaveN

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2017, 20:09:56 pm »

you have your way of dealing with things MG and I have mine, we will have to agree to disagree.

Jeff had 5 years to sort his shit out so he had plenty of time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: