The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:28:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  High Performance Transmission
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: High Performance Transmission  (Read 2731 times)
Stev

« on: July 22, 2014, 21:04:51 pm »

Hey, i read a lot in this community and now i hope you can help me.

My name ist Steven and i´m from germany. I´m driving a 58 beetle with a 2332ccm and up to 170hp on swing axle.

I Killed my gearbox two weeks before (was an all original 1200er Mexican transmission). Now im asking, what is the best solution which can handle this power or more. In the Future i´m planning to build a 2852ccm engine. So it would be good if the transmission can handle some more HP.

I heard good from an original Style beetle Gearbox, with an HD Alu Case and 1-4 weddle gears with a Quaife differential but i´m asking if there is another solution.

I mailed with todd from subaru gears and i´m sure he does a nice job. But i have to cut too much metal out of my car. The same with bugat5speed. I know that these transmissiona re IRS but the conversion is fine by me.

Hope you have some information for me!

Thank you!

Stev

Looking for a flanged crankshaft, all type 4 main bearings and a flywheel for KEP clutch. Stroke 84 till 88. The bigger the better ;-)
Udo

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 21:29:38 pm »

original case or alu case and hd gears with superdiff will be ok for that . we all race trannys like this.

udo

Stev

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:30:58 am »

Hi Udo, thanks for your reply.

I´m not sure if i will change my suspension from swing axle to IRS. Its a Street-driven car. Do you know HD driveshafts (Antriebswellen??) for the IRS Tranny?

Greetings

Steve

Looking for a flanged crankshaft, all type 4 main bearings and a flywheel for KEP clutch. Stroke 84 till 88. The bigger the better ;-)
Udo

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 12:00:12 pm »

Swing axles are much stronger if you get the finnish ones, so keep it and do not change to IRS

Udo

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: