The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 08:23:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351056 Posts in 28638 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Dellorto DRLA CB Ubdate kit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dellorto DRLA CB Ubdate kit  (Read 3281 times)
GreenTom

« on: August 21, 2007, 21:27:48 pm »

HI
I've got a question about that stuff... I bought one and put into my DRLA's and now I've got a problem cuz: I've put 165 correcting jets, 136 mains, 46 idle and the car is still runnig "different" Cheesy I've got 1600 engine, could You help me with those jets? what would be the best combination for toatly STD 1600 on DRLA's 40 with this bloody ubdate kit.?
PS. I have not much time cuz in september I'm going to Poland 1900km whith this car Cheesy
thanks.

Aircooled Performance Gear
Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Bruce

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 23:45:41 pm »

....., 46 idle .....
Better check that idle jet again.  The only place in the world a 46 will work in a DRLA is at base camp of Everest.
If you live near sea level, I would suggest starting with a 57.
Rob DVKK

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 15:25:06 pm »

when I put them in my dual 45's. It took a bit of messing around to get it right. The changing of the primary and secondary vents to the single larger vent effects the signal for the idle circuit. I'm not sure how it works with a single carb set-up but with duals it was really evident. I think I ended up with a 60 or 65 idle. With the old set up I ran a 55.

Did like the raised jet holders - really helped with plugged jets. I think I'll have to step up and get some for the IDA's

1914 - 125 cam - 42X37.5 heads (were the specs)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 15:26:43 pm by Rob DVKK » Logged
GreenTom

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 18:47:38 pm »

thanks for advices Smiley I was thinking that they ar wrong those idle jets.

btw I've got two DRLA Smiley...

and a nother question, now about thse dischardged tubes... how far did you pusched them in? just in the middle of the venturies? or fare more? did you put any oring betwen the and of the tube and the carb body?

thanks for advices Smiley

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Rob DVKK

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 23:34:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure I just followed the instructions. The holes lined up with the pretty much the center of the bore - as for the orings, not sure anymore. I put the kit in back when they first came out (around 95?)
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 11:00:43 am »

'96  Wink
So, it is advisable to run them? What kind of result do they give?
Better overall induction? Or just low revs/high revs?

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Rob DVKK

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 15:23:14 pm »

I don't have any concrete results, but the top end breathing seemed to be better. I think it would depend on the overall combo taking advantage of a larger vent. Just my 2 cents.
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 16:10:34 pm »

Does it come with new venturis?
What size? 36mm?

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Rob DVKK

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 18:19:18 pm »

They're not much of a venturi, more like a sleeve. The ones I had in the 45's were like 40mm or bigger. The discharge tube works differently than a conventional primary and secondary vent set up. The high reving 1914 I had really seemed to like them, but there was a lot of messing around at the beginning to get them jetted right, just like any system.

If your going to switch the set-up of your carbs the best tool I've bought in the last 12 months is an LM-1. Takes the guess work out of the set-up. Wish I had one years ago.
GreenTom

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 00:38:47 am »

I know what r u tlking about Smiley  innovate makes life much more easier Smiley LM-1 + RPMcable and lap top can show you all the AFR through all revs... very god stuff Cheesy

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: