The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:25:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  8.02 @ 169 mph
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 8.02 @ 169 mph  (Read 13943 times)
Jo Clifford

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 07:18:48 am »

and finally the Wheelie bar cam video from the 8.08  Smiley

http://youtu.be/dFUhdKzA5qc

https://linktr.ee/Redheadautoupholstery?utm_source=linktree_profile_share

http://www.rjvolksperformance.com/

Living the dream, not just talking about it ;o)

"Don't talk, just bring it" - Hector Urias
dannyboy

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 08:55:40 am »

ROOF CHOP    Cheesy

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
richie

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 10:21:16 am »

ROOF CHOP    Cheesy

I would actually like to drop the screen down to early size but the cage is already to high so no real gains to be had there without starting again

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
WPS

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 10:59:22 am »

Take the screen out and get some goggles!! You know it makes sense..... It'll mess ya hair up abit tho' so maybe not?  Grin

Well done by the way!! Looks and sounds the nutz!!

Wolfsburg Performance Services

WolfsburgPerformance.co.uk

Instagram:  wpsengines

07880-311850.
mr horsepower

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 17:21:06 pm »

You can take the bugshield from my truck Grin
dannyboy

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 18:43:05 pm »

ROOF CHOP    Cheesy

I would actually like to drop the screen down to early size but the cage is already to high so no real gains to be had there without starting again

cheers Richie

roof and cage chop  Wink

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
Airspeed

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 18:48:17 pm »

I have a few ideas for the winter to hopefully improve it for next year, definitely need to look at helping it cut through the air better, and there is more in the 60ft to come, then on both passes as I shifted into 2nd I had huge wheelspin, [over 33mph higher wheelspeed than actual car speed] so some work there as well. It will keep me busy anyway Shocked Grin

Videos are uploading now so should be up in the morning

cheers Richie
Richie, I was looking at the slow-mo and reading your above comment about wheel slip. My first thought was that you see the rear tires rebound and I imagine the high wheel slip comes from such a moment. It looks like the car is hardly suppressing in suspension, mostly its the tire that seems to act as your suspension (eggaguratedly speaking).
Maybe a bit extra suspension travel might keep the tires longer in contact with the track?

BTW, awesome time! The 1/8 mi tells you're on 7's path imo, indeed the aero must be whats different with Chris' time x mph.

"...these cars were preferred by the racers because the strut front suspension results in far superior handling than the regular torsion bar front end..."  - Keith Seume.
10.58 @ 130 mph (2/9/2022 Santa Pod)
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2014, 20:02:36 pm »

Just another 0.15 and you'll be there  Cool

Good luck for next season

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
nicolas

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2014, 20:13:12 pm »

well done! i hope to see it sometime life next season. take care.
richie

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2014, 20:59:05 pm »

I have a few ideas for the winter to hopefully improve it for next year, definitely need to look at helping it cut through the air better, and there is more in the 60ft to come, then on both passes as I shifted into 2nd I had huge wheelspin, [over 33mph higher wheelspeed than actual car speed] so some work there as well. It will keep me busy anyway Shocked Grin

Videos are uploading now so should be up in the morning

cheers Richie
Richie, I was looking at the slow-mo and reading your above comment about wheel slip. My first thought was that you see the rear tires rebound and I imagine the high wheel slip comes from such a moment. It looks like the car is hardly suppressing in suspension, mostly its the tire that seems to act as your suspension (eggaguratedly speaking).
Maybe a bit extra suspension travel might keep the tires longer in contact with the track?

BTW, awesome time! The 1/8 mi tells you're on 7's path imo, indeed the aero must be whats different with Chris' time x mph.

Hi Walter

the 8.08 slo mo wasn't the best as it was 1st pass on a new clutch and set up was a total guess, it hit too hard and smacked the wheelie bar which unloaded everything, I know I am doing it different to most with the single wheel and stiffer wheelie bar set up, on the next pass 1st gear was real good, just 2nd that needs smoothing out now.

I got so many ideas on how to improve it and be more consistent but lack of track time this year slowed that up, when you only get 2 or 3 passes over a weekend its hard to confirm if something does or doesn't work, that's not enough data for me and then the next meeting usually the conditions are different and so are the results!!!! But if it was easy everybody would be doing it  Shocked Wink

cheers Richie

richie

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2014, 21:02:08 pm »

Thanks to everyone for all the positive comments, next year should really be something and we have a couple of things in the works that should make it even better Shocked, roll on Easter Cool

cheers Richie

schneeky

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2014, 17:08:25 pm »

What can i say Rich, massive massive congrats to you and the team. Gutted that i couldn't be there (i was busy getting married Grin).

Looking forward to catching up with you and Jo  at the track next season mate.

All the best...Steve Grin

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: