The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:05:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Early vwdrc racer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Early vwdrc racer  (Read 5710 times)
craigs toy

« on: October 05, 2014, 10:28:35 am »

Hi all I'm new to the lounge but been around the vw scene since my first bug jam back in 1992 :-).
Anyway for the last couple of years I've been on with a full body off resto on a Ex vwdrc racer .
The car was lilac and raced in street class in the late 80's / early 90's by a women called Tracy that's all I know ,any pictures or more info on the car would be great for the rebuild book ;-), and I'm building the car in a gasser style "will be a street car"  and "Craig's Toy 2" is the idea :-).

Any info would be great thanks
Craig "Gasser" Page
Neil Davies

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 17:16:36 pm »

Welcome Craig, I'm wracking my brains thinking about which car it could be. Danny Allen, Kelster, Spencer Tramm and myself did a lot of digging about old racers and race cars about 9 yrs ago when I was on the VWDRC committee, but I don't remember a racer called Tracy. Could have been before my time tho. I do remember a lilac car, Freddie's Revenge, which was around in the mid 90s but gone by the time I started racing in '99.
If you've got any details like race number, reg number, what modifications etc it might trigger a memory or two! And photos of it now would be great too!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 19:59:22 pm »

I still have the original handwritten membership book which covers up to 1990, and there's no 'Tracy' listed. I don't recall anyone by that name but there were several people who did one meeting and never returned, so who knows?

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
old dub lover

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 09:10:56 am »

have you got any pictures of the car?

Might help with identification

Neil Davies

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 17:27:10 pm »

have you got any pictures of the car?

Might help with identification

Hi Dan, do you have any of the notes we wrote back then? I can't remember if we just went after cars and drivers we each liked! Thinking more about Freddies Revenge, it was flip fronted,  which narrows it down a bit. Earliest programmes with racer lists I've got are from 1995. You got anything earlier?

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
old dub lover

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 13:42:03 pm »

I have all the notes somewhere Neil

I'll have a dig out

Freddies revenge, Colin Arkle?  is that right?

To be honest Neil I have no idea where all my programs are?  2 house moves and a throwing of my toys out of the pram, I'm guessing they are in the loft lol

I'm only just looking at my racecar after 5 years of it sitting gathering dust and being used as a table
craigs toy

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 22:02:44 pm »

Thanks for replys guys it was first raced in 89 /90 from what I know and not Colin's crazy super street but yeh looked like it abit with centre line rims and white centres , reg number is SUM 287G and was racing in street class at the time of  form and function Bruce and when no mercy very first showed  ? Narrows down abit , do have a picture before work started but don't have numbers etc on , ran 14's in end so I'm told and gearbox / motor has been lifted to stop wheel hop - like that now - they wanted the car to sit low Brit cal look style of the day but get off the line and it worked so I'm told by a lad called Bruce that did abit of work on it in past but he has no pics and couldn't remember dates
old dub lover

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 14:44:26 pm »

Still doesnt ring any bells

Stick the pic you have up
RUSS74GHIA

VWSP163

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 11:10:17 am »

Sorry to drag this one up from the depths, but I found this thread whilst researching something else.
Tracy Longbottom S372 raced in Street Class in 1993/1994

OK, own up, who edited my sig?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: