The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:09:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Turbo fuel pump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Turbo fuel pump  (Read 2717 times)
Garrick Clark

« on: November 03, 2014, 19:34:10 pm »

Hi guys.
I'm looking for advice on what fuel pump to get for my blow through turbo conversion using 40 dells.
I need it to have 8mm inlet and outlet too.
Thanks for any replies.

Air cooled Engine builder
spoolin70

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:11:58 am »

Hi Garrick

I'm not saying it's the best but my Bosch 044 has been faultless over the last few years.

Came from a Sierra Cosworth originally running at 25psi boost and has been in my car at 18psi boost no problem with Dells and later Jenveys. Always supplied enough fuel, and on one occasion too much fuel when my regulator decided working properly was boring and 130psi fuel pressure would be more fun  Shocked

Plus, if you need more flow you can run two 044 in tandem.

Walbro pumps also have a good rep, used lots by the jap cars as an upgrade.

Thanks
Darren
Garrick Clark

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 21:24:46 pm »

Hi Darren thanks for the reply.
 I had a look at the bosch pumps and the 044 was one of them. There's loads of different bosch versions so being a fuel pump newb was a bit baffling as to what I was looking for.   My thinking   was to  look for one that had pressure a bit over 50 psi thinking that  50 psi fuel pressure   was enough for most mild turbo  applications. I read an article yesterday about a turbo buggy guy that was using an 0 580 254 984 pump which has a max psi of 72. He said it was his 1st choice. So I've got that on order through work. I'm going to have to wait till January for it as its not a readily available one.

Cheers G.

spoolin70

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 22:29:34 pm »

Evening Garrick

I has a quick look on eBay for the part no. you mentioned and most ended in 044.

So I looked on google and these guys - http://www.brucatosvs.com/store_components.html - say the pump is good for 90 psi
and 500bhp. Will this be enough ?  Wink

Although I'm not sure about the statement "anything more is overkill" haha.

Good luck with the build
Darren
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 09:09:06 am »

Be aware, there are several China copies of the 044 pump. Some of them do not work very well.

-BB-

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
K-Roc

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 16:34:06 pm »

Be aware, there are several China copies of the 044 pump. Some of them do not work very well.

-BB-

Yup.... Most of the Chinese copies say made in Germany.....

The real ones are made in the Czec, Republic.

Cheers
spanners

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 19:50:47 pm »

How will you deal with the residual pressure to stop fuel dribble, Carbs and injection fuel pumps don't go well together, the residual valve could be disabled for carb turbo use, hard starting production injection motors often have a failed residual valve needing excessive crank time to build fuel pressure.

Best regards, spanners.
Garrick Clark

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 22:34:56 pm »

I'm getting this pump through work. I'll ask whether its a genuine one or not.  been looking at the others we have on the shelf and they have made in Czech on them . I'll be using this with a turbo reg so it should be ok, if not i'll change it. I was going to get the one Euro Carb has but that only flows 1 bar pressure. From what  I've read on shop torque forum and from spoolin70's experience the use of  bosch injection pumps on turbo apps seams quite common.  
I have found a good fuel reg to use. Its the Malpassi  FPR014. It will take 88 psi of pressure and go down to 2psi and has a boost pipe too. Its for use with injection pumps using carbs and turbo's.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 21:00:38 pm by GARRICK.CLARK » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: