The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 16:45:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351083 Posts in 28639 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  EMPI GT steering wheel 380mm now $700 shipped anywhere
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EMPI GT steering wheel 380mm now $700 shipped anywhere  (Read 1696 times)
Jos

« on: November 18, 2014, 20:40:45 pm »

So I'm gonna bring this back up with a new thread. I've done a little work on the wheel in the hopes that it might make it more sellable while not taking away the important stuff. Purist will shoot me but it is what it is....

The wheel was lightly sanded with a 360 grit paper just to take off the old varnish. 3 layers of helmsman spar varnish were applied with a light wetsanding in between each (800 grit IIRC). I didn't touch the spokes because the spokes of a genuine GT wheel are a flat finish while the spokes of the repros are polished. The spokes themselves are in great shape with only 1 or 2 minor "fleabites". The worst of the corrosion was on the base assembly. I am by no means an expert and I did not want to harm this wheel in any way and so the only thing I have done to take off that corrosion was to soak it in warm water and to take a blue non scratching 3m pad with a little meguires. If one of you knows of a better way, I'm all ears. The nice thing about it is that all of the "corrosion" is above the surface on the wheel itself.
I didn't touch the horn ring or button. I figured I wasn't going to make them perfect so why not just leave them as they are.

Price is $700 shipped anywhere

Here's the pics. If you want to see the before photos I don't mind digging up the previous thread. I'd really like to get rid of this wheel and move on. (it looks better and cheaper than it was before! help me help you!)

speed7

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:40:00 am »

Hi Jos ,
you don't have the hub adapter to fix it to the steering shaft ?

Thanks
Marc

O/FF 377
12.86"@107Mph
Jos

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 03:45:19 am »

I don't Sad ISP as well as a few other parts suppliers sell reproduction "bosses" that look the exact same but just need to be tapped for bolts. (The reproduction wheels have different hole location)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: