The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:44:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351056 Posts in 28638 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Sarge...DKP1....who had the hair-trigger right foot?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sarge...DKP1....who had the hair-trigger right foot?  (Read 4124 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: August 28, 2007, 20:45:42 pm »

Ok Sarge....story time. In all your years as a DKP 1 guy, who was it that you remember as being the guy who had the fearless throttle foot? Which guy could never resist the inevitable smokeshow leaving the Pickwick? Or could never use "better judgment" when it came to a good match up on the street? You know, the guy that would be the first to light 'em up, who would extend the front shocks leaving every intersection. The guy that thought every stoplight was a christmas tree?
That guy. Was it you? Grin
Sarge

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 21:53:06 pm »

Ok Sarge....story time. In all your years as a DKP 1 guy, who was it that you remember as being the guy who had the fearless throttle foot? Which guy could never resist the inevitable smokeshow leaving the Pickwick? Or could never use "better judgment" when it came to a good match up on the street? You know, the guy that would be the first to light 'em up, who would extend the front shocks leaving every intersection. The guy that thought every stoplight was a christmas tree?

Who ME?? Grin  Better judgement??  Roll Eyes  Hey, you weren't the little fly in my window were you?  In all fairness, there were a couple of others...Doug & Whit Haydon (if they couldn't beat you racing cars, then how about a FIGHT?), Jim Holmes, Ron Fleming, Greg Aronson, Mike Bonilla, Don Crane, Mark Thurbe...hey, we were ALL were pretty fearless back then!  I will say, I did beat on my shit pretty hard though...

DKP III
too old for this

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 23:40:19 pm »

Who ME?? Grin  Better judgement??  Roll Eyes  Hey, you weren't the little fly in my window were you?  In all fairness, there were a couple of others...Doug & Whit Haydon (if they couldn't beat you racing cars, then how about a FIGHT?), Jim Holmes, Ron Fleming, Greg Aronson, Mike Bonilla, Don Crane, Mark Thurbe...hey, we were ALL were pretty fearless back then!  I will say, I did beat on my shit pretty hard though...
Grin Grin Grin....you ole boys

JG54
Sarge

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 23:49:25 pm »

Hey, it's about time you showed up...where's our Gin & Tonics??  Smiley

DKP III
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 23:49:50 pm »

LOL To Bad Dyno Don Was not a DKP Member He Would Have My Vote Over Everyone, He Is One Crazy Driver Dont ever Let him Race Your Car Or you will get it Back In Pieces LOL He is Hard On Cars I  Remember when Gene Berg Past Away Dyno Did A Big Burn Out Leaving the Church he was Driving the Old Jim Holmes Car They had a Get Together at Gene Bergs Shop Afterwards

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 01:47:07 am »

Dyno took me for a ride in his ghia and jumped the tracks in front of Small Car Specialties at about 100mph. I thought I was a gonner!

I also park at Nick's.
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 02:01:46 am »

Sarge, did the police ever show up at the old clubhouse? They could probably hear all the commotion from an open window at the police station.

I also park at Nick's.
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 02:15:05 am »

Dyno took me for a ride in his ghia and jumped the tracks in front of Small Car Specialties at about 100mph. I thought I was a gonner!
LOL I used to Work at Small Car  and We use to Race alot  off of Anaheim Blvd Behind the old Pacific stereo the Bad Part is there were alway Van Line Trucks Parked back There and when your Side By Side It get Tight with the Vans in the Street LOL

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
too old for this

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 22:03:05 pm »

Hey, it's about time you showed up...where's our Gin & Tonics??  Smiley
Time UPS get em to you the Ice will have melted Wink

JG54
Sarge

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 23:39:51 pm »

It's 95 degrees here today man...have some mercy!!  Fed-Ex Next Day Air  Grin  How's your car coming along?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 00:05:51 am by Sarge » Logged

DKP III
too old for this

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 17:34:38 pm »

It's 95 degrees here today man...have some mercy!!  Fed-Ex Next Day Air  Grin  How's your car coming along?
On the second holley regulator......supposed to be the 4psi but fluctuates between 0 and 7depending on it,s mood.....thinking of ditching it and going with pete roberts suggestion of cb rotary and no regulator,hope the new reg fixes it for now. Big meet this weekend,13 greenhearts cars and a handfull of guest cars and 18 DAS cars over from Belgium,should be some good heads up.Track is prepped for net weeks top fuel finals,so the times(and gearboxes Shocked) could be tumbling.
Here,s the motor now

And with the T bars fitted(cant remember If I already posted this...but hey f**k it...I'm old I'm allowed to forget shit)

JG54
Sarge

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 17:47:59 pm »

Damn, your car looks beautiful!  Cool   Don't let those DAS guys push you around, either...old guys RULE!!

DKP III
JS

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 22:42:29 pm »

I LOVE those (rear) tires!  Cool Grin

Signature.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: