The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 17:32:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  flip frame to mount bucket seats on
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: flip frame to mount bucket seats on  (Read 4929 times)
miguel

« on: July 23, 2015, 08:45:09 am »

Hi all , I'm busy with making a 1962 ragtop cal look . For the seats i want use Simca Rallye bucket seats again, I also have them in my 1969 old school bug and the seat are really looking good and are very comfortable , the only problem i have that i cannot allow anyone to drive with me in the back of the car because there is no place enough to go trough . So i want use again the simca seats  but now i want mount then on a flip front frame so i can allow people to go in the back of the car , does anyone has ideas or better experiences with it, how i can do that good and safe . I want put a 48IDA engine in the car so it safety is very important to  Grin .

Thanks in advance for the help !  Smiley

That are the simca rallye seat in my 1969 bug , so you can imagine why i want use these again in my cal look project Wink

Good-Old-Ragtop60

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 10:17:39 am »

Hi Miguel,

Steve has a nice solution at his ´67 Beetle. He uses parts from a SEAT Marbella seat.
(have a look at Cal Look Topic: lotus white 67 )

May this is a suitable way for you.

cheers Tobi
miguel

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 10:53:13 am »

Hi Tobi ,

Indeed thanks for telling me !!!
Flow

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 15:35:10 pm »

I used an OMP flip frame with my OMP Silverstone seats, maybe you can adapt them to your Simca seats... This is not perfect but it works !

brian e

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 16:56:11 pm »

I used these on my last car to mount some Mastercraft suspension seats.  Very universal, and easy to work with.
http://www.mooreparts.com/1625-AC851120/
I also added these sliders to both sides. 
http://www.mooreparts.com/1627-AC851125/

Sorry, I dont have any pics of them flipped forward. 

I cut the mount legs off to the height I needed, and I welded a piece of strap between the legs with new holes to bolt the frames to the pan.  You can see them a little here.  I also had to cut the stock seat rails off the pan.  Dont mind the cutting brake stuff.  It was a class 11 looker off road car. 
miguel

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 09:38:32 am »

Hi Brian, the frame looks very great to , but the sliders are gone and i still want use slidders on the seats , maybe i can weld slidders on it and it would be a perfect system then for me  , thanks for adding your idea  !!!
miguel

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 09:41:19 am »

Flow , thanks for the photos but i really love show cars and i'm a bit afraid it doesn't look so good if you look at back of the seats , i think for a rat look it's perfect !
miguel

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 09:43:52 am »

Hi Brian, the frame looks very great to , but the sliders are gone and i still want use the original slidders on the seats , maybe i can weld slidders on it and it would be a perfect system then for me  , thanks for adding your idea  !!! My pan is already restored with the original slidders on .
henk

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 12:50:46 pm »

i saw once somebody in a magazine who used the frames from a peugeot 205.
but i can't remember what he had to modify on it.

henk!!!
brian e

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 01:12:16 am »

Hi Brian, the frame looks very great to , but the sliders are gone and i still want use slidders on the seats , maybe i can weld slidders on it and it would be a perfect system then for me  , thanks for adding your idea  !!!

These slidders bolt on top of the flip mounts. I just redrilled a few holes in the new brackets to work with my new seat bottoms.
miguel

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 07:53:47 am »

These slidders bolt on top of the flip mounts. I just redrilled a few holes in the new brackets to work with my new seat bottoms.

Sorry , i said it wrong i was busy about the original sliders , maybe i can indeed fix them on this frame to , thanks for helping me !
Glauco

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 11:48:23 am »

I used the frame of a peugeot 205 3door. the frame didn't need any modifications, all I had to do is make a spacer for the back because it was to tilted. Just welded a nut in front and drilled a hole in the spacer in the back.
is now fully adjustable

Glauco
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: