The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 16:02:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  turbo distributor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: turbo distributor  (Read 1721 times)
Garrick Clark

« on: December 01, 2014, 18:58:14 pm »

Hi guys.
I've been getting on with my turbo conversion on my type 4 motor. Its going well so far.
I'm looking at the distributor side of things at the moment.
I have an svda distributor and have limited the mech advance to 24 degrees. I plan on using the vac advance as normal. My thinking is with the vac can connected the total will be 32 or so and then  drop back to 24 when the vacuum dies off.   Will this be ok. Ideally I could do with some way to retard the ignition when on boost.  I have looked at the twin vac can idea. I'm not sure if that's the best way to do it. What about the CB black box . would that be a good way to get the a turbo ready ignition. 

Thanks G.

Air cooled Engine builder
spanners

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 19:34:55 pm »

I ran Turbo/dizzy in the days when ECU's cost a kidney and motors cost peanuts, these days , it's the other way round, so I would run ignition management as a minimum, just to protect my investment, you could even keep the dizzy With full ignition management. There is also the stand alone electronic boost retard option, I just ebayed a micro dynamics 'dial in' modul for not a lot of dosh.
Formula vee allowed in ignition control modules a few years ago, now they've banned them again, as the 'modul control' runners vanished up the road, forcing the whole grid, two grids in fact, to comply, so a coup enforced a re think, management with turbo would yield huge gains, but a good set of rollers would be a must.

Best regards, spanners.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: