The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 00:28:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  A1 exhausts in trouble?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A1 exhausts in trouble?  (Read 6077 times)
vwhelmot

« on: April 14, 2015, 07:13:18 am »

As in the title, I've had a system on order through pierside parts since the beginning of February and now I've been told that orders from last December haven't been fulfilled. He can't be that busy??!! 
As its holding up the progress of my build I've had to cancel and now I'm stuck with no system. Annoying ain't the word.    I need a recommendation of a nice merged 1"3/4 system in stainless with a v band that isn't going to burn my valence and look nice as its for a show pony.
leec

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 12:49:34 pm »

I know Dannyboy on here loves turbo Thomas exhausts. Jaycee do v band stuff also iirc
brmmark

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 16:01:23 pm »

As in the title, I've had a system on order through pierside parts since the beginning of February and now I've been told that orders from last December haven't been fulfilled. He can't be that busy??!! 
As its holding up the progress of my build I've had to cancel and now I'm stuck with no system. Annoying ain't the word.    I need a recommendation of a nice merged 1"3/4 system in stainless with a v band that isn't going to burn my valence and look nice as its for a show pony.

Maybe, for 8 years I ordered one through (serano's check the samba for that story), finaly I got one at home -thanks US postal for the dent-. Super set up.
wph

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 16:32:22 pm »

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=622197&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

He seems to be busy with major contracts with other than VW exhaust work
Neil Davies

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 18:06:15 pm »

I know Dannyboy on here loves turbo Thomas exhausts. Jaycee do v band stuff also iirc

I'd second that. Rich Thomas is excellent and will make whatever you want. He's even got the back of a bug in his workshop set up so he can built things to fit perfectly! Top bloke too.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
dannyboy

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 18:43:14 pm »

yep rich is the man  Wink

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
neil68

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 19:42:35 pm »

Ordered a stainless CSP header and it arrived in 12 days...Germany to Canada.

Neil
Der Kleiner Rennwagens
'68 Beetle, 2332 cc, 204 WHP
12.5 seconds @ 172 KM/H (107.5 MPH)
Dynojet Test:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9B_H3eklAo
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 19:57:42 pm »

I doubt if Tiger is in trouble. Remember that A-1 is your everyday exhaust shop that just happens to have a VW thing happening on the side.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
vwhelmot

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 20:10:08 pm »

What annoys me is that pierside must have known that there was and would be s huge delay but never mentioned it at the time of placing the order. That's just shite service. I'm finding that there is s lack of customer service in the VW industry to be honest, with little or no communication. I see now they have taken a1 off their site.  I'm looking into a wasp system.
nlvtinman

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 04:45:58 am »

I ordered a system directly from the A-1 shop in early December. Tiger told me 5 weeks before delivery...fair enough.  When it got to be 6, then 7 and then more weeks, and he NEVER once called to share why the delay, I always having to chase him down, my own opinion of the shop changed.
 His constant answer was "Oh we are So Busy".

Well if that's the case, then he should not take work in that goes against the normal day to day of the business operation.  After 11 weeks I did get most of what I ordered. I had to call to ask him about additional parts that were clearly shown on the initial order. Again, Oh We were so busy I didn't have time to make them.

Personal opinion- He's a spoiled son of a hard working father who began and built a successful business.
The Action Is Go

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 05:17:33 am »

I ordered a system directly from the A-1 shop in early December. Tiger told me 5 weeks before delivery...fair enough.  When it got to be 6, then 7 and then more weeks, and he NEVER once called to share why the delay, I always having to chase him down, my own opinion of the shop changed.
 His constant answer was "Oh we are So Busy".

Well if that's the case, then he should not take work in that goes against the normal day to day of the business operation.  After 11 weeks I did get most of what I ordered. I had to call to ask him about additional parts that were clearly shown on the initial order. Again, Oh We were so busy I didn't have time to make them.

Personal opinion- He's a spoiled son of a hard working father who began and built a successful business.

Agreed.  Good luck dealing with him.
dragvw2180

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 16:38:31 pm »

Sounds to me like a wonderful opportunity for someone over in your country to open a business and sell some products  . There are,  I am sure, people with the talents and welding gear  to build exhaust systems of a high quality for sale . Just a thought, Mike McCarthy
vwhelmot

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 16:53:19 pm »

Well, I've ordered a wasp stage 2 , 3-4 day delivery.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: