The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 23:23:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  Bitburg 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Bitburg 2015  (Read 21760 times)
henk

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 10:52:18 am »

the races has to stop a time off 2 on the saterday,wich ended the race day maybe a bit earlier.
but most off the day they could ride.
sunday was dry all day.
it was great as always,maybe a bit less aircooled cars then normal.
you british guys should come over again,i would like to see more outlaw,greenheart cars,... again.
it seems like these days the fast cars to watch for are the golf/polo turbos and audi coupés.
i remeber in the first years that i went to DDD that when you did a 11 or 12 sec. run everybody was shouting.
if you now run a 10 nowbody seems suprised anymore.
but i had another great weekend.

took pictures but can get them over to my ipad tp post

henk!!!
WhiteTrash

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2015, 17:27:44 pm »

So how was it? did it stay dry?  lots of cars?  anything really quick? who won the awards?

cheers Richie

Pictures and reports please! Take a break from FB and update the forum.

-BB-

I have to agree Kalle.
I had a few FB notifications over the weekend from people who are on the lounge and who have posted photos and videos on FB, but nothing on here  Huh

Frank

HOFF#67

Lotus White '67's are the best!!!
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2015, 17:44:55 pm »

So how was it? did it stay dry?  lots of cars?  anything really quick? who won the awards?

cheers Richie

Pictures and reports please! Take a break from FB and update the forum.

-BB-

Where is that like button ?  Cheesy
morkrieger

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2015, 19:40:06 pm »

Well I was at Bitburg on Saturday. Weather was ok-ish with a few moments of slight drizzle and the racing happened in between.
Later in the afternoon the rain set through (around 16:45 ish) and the racing was cancelled for the rest of the day.

But that did not stop the folks to give away an awesome show again. Some stupid fast turbocharged modern 'small cars' that
ran the likes of 8.8 seconds and the rest. The aircooled side was well represented as well with some very nice cars.

Some personal highlights:

See Mexxspeed run again. What a car, love it. Seen it at SCC in 2013 and to see it run again in Bitburg this year was giving me smiles.
Counting gears on one beetle running down the quarter got me and my friends wondering...we counted 2 gears too many!
After a while we found the car (and owner) and thus ran into Peter Shattock sporting his JPM engined 6 speed beetle.
We hung out with Peter for the rest of the afternoon, partly as a push-crew in the line and had a superb time talking, sharing thoughts
and general shits and giggles.  At some point Mexx came charging in whilst in the line just dying to get a run against Peter.
Amazing how driven this man is, thumbs up and hands down! He quickly arrived behind us in the line with a generator sitting on the rear lid of the car! 
(i suppose for the sump heater) Grin He was on it for sure!
So said, so done, very cool to see both cars go head to head and thunder some serious high rpm down the 1/4th Smiley

Def. one of the better Das Drag Days i had so far!

I was too busy absorbing it all and forgot to take pictures for the n'th time now  so sorry no pics from me here.

cheers!

Quintin
Dan Ahrendt

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2015, 21:21:25 pm »

Every year a great race weekend    Wink

https://youtu.be/7wb0MMQvs74

https://youtu.be/BVawAascCdI

https://youtu.be/lRDw7c_18TQ
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 21:41:39 pm by Dan Ahrendt » Logged

Good-Old-Ragtop60

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 08:46:15 am »

Here are some Pic´s from DDD#13:
Good-Old-Ragtop60

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2015, 09:33:30 am »

some more
Good-Old-Ragtop60

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2015, 09:35:22 am »

some more
Peter Shattock

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2015, 14:34:23 pm »

The Das guys put on a great event again and I for one really enjoyed it. Its a great no fuss drag race with good people and cars.

The weather played a minor part in proceedings on Saturday but still got 3 runs in and a lot of the MSA meetings in the UK you would only get that many regardless of rain. Sunday running was only limited by engine temps and doing what needs doing between rounds.

I really don't understand why the track is so good but it is great when you consider its not a permanent venue.

You need a really good excuse not to have the date for this one in your diary for 2016!

The highlight for me was to see Phil Jarvis with the fire bus run a couple of 11.8* second passes which is really moving in a bloody great big loaf of bread!

The fastest beetle in the village
wolfswest

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2015, 15:31:07 pm »

The Das guys put on a great event again and I for one really enjoyed it. Its a great no fuss drag race with good people and cars.

The weather played a minor part in proceedings on Saturday but still got 3 runs in and a lot of the MSA meetings in the UK you would only get that many regardless of rain. Sunday running was only limited by engine temps and doing what needs doing between rounds.

I really don't understand why the track is so good but it is great when you consider its not a permanent venue.

You need a really good excuse not to have the date for this one in your diary for 2016!

The highlight for me was to see Phil Jarvis with the fire bus run a couple of 11.8* second passes which is really moving in a bloody great big loaf of bread!

Peter,

What was your best time?  I only saw 2 races on Saturday and I must admit that your car was my favorite of the weekend.  That JPM screamer engine together with the 6 short gears is really something unique!
Hope to see you ride again in Bitburg next year,

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Peter Shattock

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2015, 15:40:56 pm »

Dem,

Glad you liked the car, its defiantly better to listen to than to look at as it does not get many points in the show and shine

Best for the weekend was 11.15 at 118mph which I was very pleased about given the 1.688 60ft was way off the low 1.50's its done before.

I'm certainly planning on being back next year assuming the car is in one bit.

Peter
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 16:13:35 pm by Peter Shattock » Logged

The fastest beetle in the village
wolfswest

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2015, 15:48:51 pm »

Dem,

Glad you liked the car, its defiantly better to listen to than to look at as it does not get many points in the show and shine

Best for the weekend was 11.15 at 118mph which I was ferry pleased about given the 1.688 60ft was way off the low 1.50's its done before.

I'm certainly planning on being back next year assuming the car is in one bit.

Peter

thumbs up!  I'm already counting down the days...  Cheesy

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Dan Ahrendt

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2015, 20:53:00 pm »

https://youtu.be/_caPk7r5pXg

https://youtu.be/DOjM24wvUQQ
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 21:02:08 pm by Dan Ahrendt » Logged

henk

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 23:44:27 pm »

here some pictures of DDD.
i really liked the new look of holey moley.

henk!!!

Good-Old-Ragtop60

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2015, 21:14:18 pm »

Cool
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: