The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 05:45:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351089 Posts in 28639 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  1967 Cal look (ex DKP)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1967 Cal look (ex DKP)  (Read 2364 times)
dth

« on: June 06, 2015, 16:08:17 pm »

1967 Cal Looker for sale , California import (2009) , Ex DKP (Phil French) ,Ultra VW Feature car ,
, have a folder full of receipts for the last 15yrs , and also a diary of events,important dates ,inc
 when the car accepted into the DKP club. DKP  is now 50yrs old , and this car was part of that
 back in 2000-2002. Still has the club decal in the rear window and also sports a rare original Speedwell
 decal that was given to Phil by Gary Justus when the car was completed.I contacted the club when
 I got the car to confirm all the details and they are indeed correct , at that time it was ok to leave the
 rear window decal in place when selling a car.

The engine currently fitted was built by me and has been in the car for a couple of years now.
Was removed for a short while when I ran a 2276 for Action last year.
1956 cc ,all new parts 76mm CB crank , Cb H Beam Rods , New AS41 case , full flowed et
044 heads , 90.5 Mahle b&P , Engle 125 cam 1.25 rockers ,lightened fly wheel,all parts were
 fully balanced, deep sump , full braided hoses on oil system , cooler with fan ,Fram HP1 ,
 48 IDa,s with blue Berg covers, on vintage match ported short manifolds ,37 vents.CSP linkage ,
CB Rotary fuel pump, Scat Pulley, 009 with Petronix , Bosch Blue coil , Custom breather ,
 DTH oil catch tray for racing ,1/1/2 header. CB rotary fuel pump.All tinwear is now powder
coated satin black. Car went 14.01 et on the quarter mile last year at the Cal Look Dragday at
Shakespeare County Raceway , with the front wheels up😊, drives great on the street.

Gearbox , built by Transwest 4.125:1 r&p , 3.78 , 2.35 , 1.48 , 1.04 , One on One midmount,
standard grey mounts, traction bar , short race axles.Clutch is Kennedy stage 2 with a Daiken super disc.

Interior was recently redone , standard seats through out , with a almost factory style
fat biscuit  in black , inc door panels , new grey carpets , dash is standard ,with original
 radio , Autometer monster tach mounted underneath and a vintage Hurst shifter.I have
 the original steering wheel or a period Formuling France with horn button, both will go
 with the car. Has standard inertia style belts and a clip in Simpson harness for racing.

Bodily the car is rust free , a few marks on the paint here and there , but all very good,
has vw rear pop outs , t bars , Flat 4 BRM wheels , NOS Michelin 145 on the front , and
spare (still has the sticker on it) and M&H Dots on the rear. 2” narrowed beam up front
and standard brakes all round with linelock plumbed in on the front. Rear decklid has a
very nice prop to hold it open at the bottom to aid cooling , sale includes UK and California
style plates.

All in all a very good , useable cal looker that was first built in California ,so its the real deal.
Price is £13750
Serious enquiries only , any questions by PM please , more pics can be sent via email.

upload a picture

image sharing

image search
dth

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 16:53:54 pm »

photo uploading

upload image online free

upload img

post a picture
lofty1971

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 22:54:00 pm »

I miss that car  Cry