The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 13:22:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Little Deuce Coupe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Little Deuce Coupe  (Read 2854 times)
johnl

« on: September 23, 2015, 22:39:02 pm »

I found this and thought I'd share it.  Make sure you watch the video within the article.  The Little Deuce Coupe Story - Hot Rod Magazine Cover and Beach Boys Album Cover

The Little Deuce Coupe Story - Hot Rod Magazine Cover an...
How This $75.00 Little Deuce Coupe was made into one of the most famous hot rods in history.
View on www.all-about-vinylr...
Preview by Yahoo

When I was a kid of 17 I had a '32 Deuce three window chopped top coupe full fender car with a '48 Mercury and four Stromberg Carbs.  It had red and white tuck & roll interior and was primer.  I paid $300 for it which was a lot of money to me at the time and sold it for about $375 as I recall.  Not one of my better auto deals.

http://www.all-about-vinylrecords.com/Little_Deuce_Coupe.html

As much as I like the Beach Boys I never owned this album but my friend down the street, Scott Lambert, did and I knew every song on it.  Always thought the cover car was really cool but never researched it until today.  These are the kind of car stories that make the hobby so rewarding...........

Enjoy,

John

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
dragvw2180

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 13:27:56 pm »

Thanks for posting this , I had never heard the story but heard the song when it was not a rerun,LOL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: