The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:16:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350829 Posts in 28602 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  For Sale - 1959 RHD Beetle
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: For Sale - 1959 RHD Beetle  (Read 3499 times)
Deanodynosaurs

« on: October 11, 2015, 11:03:57 am »

Finally, and sadly, it’s time to sell my 1959 Model RHD Beetle.

I brought the car about 6 years ago off a friend who owned it for 6 months, but before that it was owned by an old guy who used to work for a Volkswagen dealership, where the car was well looked after. The car still runs on 6 volt. Its original engine went pop in 1960, and this and the gearbox was changed by Volkswagen to a later 1200cc engine (non built in alternator stand and non crash gearbox). The engine has been in ever since and has never missed a beat. The only change from stock is the fitment of a small bugpack turbo muffler. The car is painted on Ffyord blue, and it has had some repainting over the years. The paint isn’t perfect, with some scrapes here and there, and some micro bubbling on the roof, but you have to look to notice. For a nearly 60 year old car the paint is pretty good, the gutters are great. The rear valance has been hit and filled at some point, so this could do with some attention, but only if you’re fussy. The bonnet has some cracks in it at the drivers top corner which could do with some attention (I do have a long bonnet that could come with it for a bit extra). Originally the car came with a later decklid, but this has been changed back to the year correct semi w decklid, with popes nose and t handle. The car also originally came with later 1200 tail lights, these have been changed to the correct snowflake tail lights, but with heart lenses added in. The hearts now work as indicators. Talking of indicators, the car still has its semaphores which are working. Bumpers are genuine blades with over-riders, and are in great shape. All the side trim, badges, window trim etc is there and is in pretty good condition for the age.

Mechanically the car is pretty much standard with drum brake all around. These have been serviced by me, with new shoes fitted all around, and work great. Car is stock height at the rear, but it has been lowered at the front using an adjustable lowered beam, giving the car a great nose down stance. The knig and link pins have all been recently refreshed. MWS BRM have been fitted all around, and these have been re- lacquered as the paint was peeling. Even the spare is a BRM. Tyres are 205 70 15 Cooper Weather Masters at the back, and Nanking 135 R 15 at the front which have loads of tread left on them.

Inside the car still has all the original interior. The seat are grey with white piping and could do with some attention. I do have a super nice cloth interior, which could be fitted and sold with the car, for an additional £500. See photos bellow. The door cards are blue/ grey with the 59 aluminium trim which is really nice, and quite rare. Its in good condition for the age. The headliner is the period correct cloth headliner, and is pretty good for its age having no sags, and only a few minor tear (these are very small). As the original owner worked for Volkswagen he also fitted a genuine Volkswagen under dash parcel shelf and Volkswagen accessory cross chest seat belts (these do not have the lap belt bit). There is also working vintage blaupunkt radio fitted which is super nice. I have also fitted a Vintage speed electric dehne fuel gauge which is good as no fuel gauge was fitted as standard. A period correct washer pump and squirters has also been fitted. Oh and a brand new BERG shifter has been fitted making the shift action super nice.

So that it. It not perfect but it’s in pretty good condition for a nearly 60 years old car (To see some pictures of the bad bits click here http://s89.photobucket.com/user/deanodynosaurs/59%20For%20Sale/59%20For%20Sale%20Bad%20Bits/story). The car is a runner, it requires no tax being tax exempt, and no MOT as it is pre 60’a (although it is all sound as I regularly check it over). If you want to check it out it is insured, so we can go for a test drive. It’s a driver. Smiley The car is located in Cardiff.

Price is £4,500 firm.

If your interested, PM me, or call on 07788416769, cheers Dude.

And here the optional interior that could go with the car

bug

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 23:02:32 pm »

Nice rearlights! 
Deanodynosaurs

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 09:47:55 am »

Morning all,

Thanks for all the interest in the car, and sorry I haven't got back to you sooner, it been a bit manic.

I've got somebody coming to look at the car Wednesday, I'll let you know if it doesn't go.

I've actually realised I've way under-priced the car, so if the person doesn't look at it I'm going to put the price up. I know it's not the done thing, I just don't feel happy selling the car at that price, I want to get the right price for the car. Not after a massive profit, just want what its worth. I'm going to put it up to £5,500.

Dude  Cool

Deanodynosaurs

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 12:12:41 pm »

SOLD Smiley

jick

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 19:08:09 pm »

I'm not surprised it sold fast...I was having a serious think about it too!

Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 15:29:03 pm »

SOLD Smiley
o

Still a good buy at that price, bet you're sorry to let it go

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: