The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 15:47:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Fiat 126p 2332ccm (lots of images)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fiat 126p 2332ccm (lots of images)  (Read 21106 times)
jaqo

Bugster Team

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 23:40:09 pm »

jaqo

Bugster Team

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 11:51:33 am »

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 23:59:34 pm by jaqo » Logged
jaqo

Bugster Team

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2014, 23:58:59 pm »

I'm back;) I disassembled the car almost 2 years ago and now it's almost done.
What was done;
-rear suspension was changed - I designed some custom a-arms with beetle IRS bearing carriers, Porsche 944 stub axles and CV joints at both sides (gearbox has type 181 flanges), disc brakes and adjustable coilovers. It now should have 0 camber gain (that was a big problem on a previous setup) and better a-arm angle (it's adjustable)
-The engine now has titanium valves, compression is raised a lot, heads received some small porting job.
-Carbs are empty inside (they only act as a throttle bodies) and the engine is now fuel injected with interesting f1 style stand off injectors. I'm using a new polish ECU called ECUMASTER EMU - It has a great functionality, like built in egt sensor controllers, built in wideband lambda sensor controller, built in MAP sensor, knock sensors support, full sequential ignition and fueling, speed sensor input, nitrous control, parametric outputs, traction control, launch control, wireless throttle support, very nice and easy to use interface and many many more - and it's very cheap - around 470 euros (but I can get it much cheaper)
-the car should be also much lighter - fiberglass engine cover and front bonnet, lightweight doors, lexan windows, a lot of unimportant parts cut out

The electric system is pretty advanced:
 - there is something like CAN bus so there is no need to have 30 wires going from front of the car to the engine bay - most of the communication is done by 2 wires.
- There is a small screen on the dashboard that is connected to the wheel speed sensor and calculates  60ft, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, 0-100km/h times etc. It also shows oil temp and pressure and various other readings (with a possibility to set a very loud warning sound if for example temperature is to high),
- steering wheel has it's own, very small microcontroller that is powered by a wire that originally powered the horn. The interesting thing is it also communicates withe the reciver-microcontroller under the dashboard by THE SAME wire - thanks to that I can have as many buttons on the steering wheel (launch control, nitrous, linelock etc or LEDs or displays) without having any addition wires connected to the steering wheel - that's is always a problem.

The car fired up, it run for 20 mins (some new lifters needed break-in) now I have to finish some small things, tun the injection and test it somewhere.

Here is the video how the injection works (without air filters) - it's a first fuel map written by hand so it doesn't work perfectly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZzQVBPd3yI

Stainless steel

Titanium

Coil

TPS sensor

Before painting the tinware

Some assembly pictures

Thanks to my buddy Janek for all the electronic gizmos and for a helping hand and to Chris Bugster for inspiration, parts and much more
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 00:05:18 am by jaqo » Logged
jaqo

Bugster Team

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2014, 00:34:19 am »

Playing with injection/launch control:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuqScLBb8mw

qubek

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 12:48:46 pm »

You should brag more often [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:52:02 pm by qubek » Logged

I have repro BRMs and I'm proud! :]
Fiatdude

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2015, 15:42:01 pm »

Fantastic -- -- Nothing like a Fiat starting on the bumper

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Chris bugster