The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:41:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  2016 Cal Look Drag Day Announcement.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2016 Cal Look Drag Day Announcement.  (Read 5891 times)
DRAG-DAY

« on: January 14, 2016, 19:43:24 pm »

2016 Cal Look Drag Day Announcement.

Unfortunately due to circumstances outside our control it is with a heavy heart that we have to cancel this year's Cal Look Drag Day. Unfortunately at a very late stage of negotiations for our exclusive use of the track, the track owner has decided to renege on arrangements made with us due to the circumstances surrounding the sale of the site, meaning we cannot fulfil our ambition this year of VW Aircooled only Drags as we had been working towards. As you can imagine, a significant amount of time has been expended by event organisers Jamie and Richie, along with a number of parties to make the event a success and we would like to take the opportunity to thank those people - Richie Webb in particular for his help in organising the street cruise section of the event, our sponsors who had committed to supporting the event, and of course to all the enthusiasts and racers from across the UK and Europe who come along year after year and (we hope) enjoy their time with us at the track. Whilst this is a pretty low time for us, we look forward to the hope of returning to the track in 2017 better, stronger and FASTER and hope you will come along for the journey! Thank you for your understanding and support.

Tufty65

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 21:14:25 pm »

That's a real shame, I enjoyed last year and was looking forward to this.

Isn't there any way you guys can still run it perhaps in conjunction with a RWYB weekend and sacrifice the air-cooled only side of things.

I don't really know how it all works with the tracks but this is a bit gutting.

All the best for next year I will be there.

Outlaw Flat Four 35
12.64 @ 106.25mph
Udo

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 07:51:18 am »

Can't you gather some cars at dragstalgia ? It is a nice event but i missed the beetles last year

Udo

dth

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 08:26:25 am »

Dragstalgia is on our list this year , hopefully get the oval there Smiley
dannyboy

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 09:22:31 am »

dragstalgia is aplication for rwyb if you want to go get on the list now as they only select 50 cars from list

8.77@156.8mph 
O/FF 60
Iryanu

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 16:45:23 pm »

dragstalgia is aplication for rwyb if you want to go get on the list now as they only select 50 cars from list

If that was the scheme in place last year they should be ashamed, I watched a "Griswold" queen wagon family truckster type thing click of a few twenty something second runs.  Roll Eyes Ack. Was I dreaming it or did anyone else witness this feat? I think it ran up against some equally new and hideous pickup, and won.  Cheesy

Maybe it was a lucid dream.
Iryanu

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 16:46:55 pm »

Shame about drag day anyway, thoroughly enjoyed last year. Got beat by the two bugs I went up against, but at least I beat the Mazda Rx-8 (even if the 60ft of the rx-8 beat mine, for shame).  Undecided
RobtheManx

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 08:55:24 am »

What a shame , I was looking forward to Drag Day , having missed the last couple . Was aiming to get my car done for then too .

Can't we just pick a normal RWYB weekend at Pod , and all turn up ?

SPG Roller Cranks rarely live long!
2085 72 gtbug

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 13:31:32 pm »

Had a Chat with Jamie last night over a pint whilst he was up seeing his folks..
Whilst every one involved in Dragday is gutted over things to just get together and race at at rwyb weekend is an option... but with the influx of continued wholehearted support from sponsors makes this hard as Dragday team were looking to move the event into a vw only weekend not piggy backing another event..so to use a day mingled in with general rwyb would not be fair on the sponsorship as its 100% there for 2017..
We did talk though of a get together later in the year maybe at the Pod or the north Devon strip (maybe better weather) lol just as a group of mates weekend out sort of thing
Chris
Tufty65

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 19:51:45 pm »

Had a Chat with Jamie last night over a pint whilst he was up seeing his folks..
Whilst every one involved in Dragday is gutted over things to just get together and race at at rwyb weekend is an option... but with the influx of continued wholehearted support from sponsors makes this hard as Dragday team were looking to move the event into a vw only weekend not piggy backing another event..so to use a day mingled in with general rwyb would not be fair on the sponsorship as its 100% there for 2017..
We did talk though of a get together later in the year maybe at the Pod or the north Devon strip (maybe better weather) lol just as a group of mates weekend out sort of thing
Chris

I'll be up for the north Devon meet at Dakota,  well I would as its 15 only mins away Smiley

Outlaw Flat Four 35
12.64 @ 106.25mph
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: