The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:44:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Question for Dean Kirsten about your blue 67 , are you still on here Dean ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question for Dean Kirsten about your blue 67 , are you still on here Dean ?  (Read 2789 times)
RobtheManx

« on: January 26, 2016, 23:00:30 pm »

Hi Dean , I was wondering what offset/ backspace the the DDS rims were on the front of your old blue 67 ? These are the same rims that are on your new orange car right ?

Also , I have always been curious what the K & C Customs decal is all about in the vents wings ?

Cheers , Rob

SPG Roller Cranks rarely live long!
deano

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 17:32:12 pm »

Deano wheels only came in one offset, so you get what Ken made. My blue '67 naturally had a stock beam and drums, so the width would be stock with 4.5" DDS wheels with 135x15 tires. My orange '67 has a 3" narrowed beam with CSP disc brakes with some small offset. I could use the same DDS wheels and it would work with either 135x 15" tires or Smart Car rear tires, but I decided to use the new ones from U.S. Wheels, since they are heavier, truer and safer. I am presently using the 4.5x15" aluminum wheels from U.S. Wheels in front, and custom 6" on the rear.

K&C Custom was painted on my vent wings (prior going to one-piece windows). K stands for Kirsten, while C stands for (Greg) Campbell. We were painting cars and motorcycles back in the early '70s, and that is what we went by. I still have the painted sign in my garage after all these years.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
RobtheManx

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 22:20:17 pm »

Hi Deano , thanks for that  . I am planning to run the 13s I have ( not DDS , much thicker ali ) , but thinking about ordering some 15s to try them .

Thanks for the info , was always curious about K & C

Cheers , Rob

RobtheManx

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 22:21:15 pm »

What US Wheels are you running ?

Thanks , Rob

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 13:54:42 pm »

Rob  here