The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:36:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350688 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  67 cal looker (ex DKP California Import) UK based
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 67 cal looker (ex DKP California Import) UK based  (Read 11911 times)
dth

« on: February 14, 2016, 16:52:28 pm »

Ok , im putting this up for sale again , i had it up last year and just couldnt bring my self to part with it ,its had a few improvements ,changes since then , price is the same though.

1967 Cal Looker for sale , California import (2009) , Ex DKP (Phil French) ,Ultra VW Feature car , have a folder full of receipts for the last 15yrs , and also a diary of events,important dates ,inc when the car accepted into the DKP club. DKP  is now 50yrs old , and this car was part of that back in 2000-2002. Still has the club decal in the rear window and also sports a rare original Speedwell decal that was given to Phil by Gary Justus when the car was completed.I contacted the club when I got the car to confirm all the details and they are indeed correct , at that time it was ok to leave the rear window decal in place when selling a car. News just in , possibly the only ex DKP bug that was officially sold with the decals still attached. Wink

The engine currently fitted was built by me and has been in the car for a couple of years now.
Was removed for a short while when I ran a 2276 for Action last year.
1956 cc ,all new parts 76mm CB crank , Cb H Beam Rods , New AS41 case , full flowed etc
044 heads , 90.5 Mahle b&P , Engle 125 cam 1.25 rockers ,lightened fly wheel,all parts were fully balanced, deep sump , full braided hoses on oil system , cooler with fan ,Fram HP1 ,  48 IDa,s , on vintage match ported short manifolds ,37 vents.CSP linkage ,CB Rotary fuel pump, Berg Equaliser Pulley, 009 with Petronix , Bosch Blue coil ,New Hella Alternator, Custom breather , DTH oil catch tray for racing ,1/1/2 header and dual quiet packs, CB rotary fuel pump. Car went 14.01 et on the quarter mile last year at the Cal Look Dragday at Shakespeare County Raceway , with the front wheels up��, drives great on the street. LM1 /lambda probe fitted. Engine will be fully serviced before sale.Red fan shroud can easily be painted black again, i can do this if required , i like the red ,old school look.

Gearbox , built by Transwest 4.125:1 r&p , 3.78 , 2.35 , 1.48 , 1.04 , One on One midmount,
standard grey mounts, traction bar , short race axles.Clutch is Kennedy stage 2 with a Daiken super disc.

Interior was recently redone , standard seats through out , with a almost factory style
fat biscuit  in black , inc door panels , new grey carpets , dash is standard ,with original
 radio , Autometer monster tach mounted underneath and a vintage Hurst shifter.I have the original steering wheel or a period Formuling France with horn button, both will go with the
car. Has standard inertia style belts and a clip in Simpson harness for racing.

Bodily the car is rust free , a few marks on the paint here and there , but all very good,
has vw rear pop outs , t bars , Flat 4 BRM wheels , NOS Michelin 145 on the front , and
spare (still has the sticker on it) and M&H Dots on the rear. 2” narrowed beam up front
and standard brakes all round with linelock plumbed in on the front. Rear decklid has a
very nice prop to hold it open at the bottom to aid cooling , sale includes UK and California.
style plates.Also now has colour coded headlamp rims/indicators , i still have the chrome parts and these are included in the sale.

All in all a very good , useable cal looker that was first built in California ,so its the real deal.
Price is SOLD , price is pretty firm , not wanting to sell as i really love having/driving this but iv got plans this year , race car , buisness etc.

image hosting over 5mb

image uploading

photo sharing

uploading pictures
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 21:18:49 pm by dth » Logged
dth

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 19:58:30 pm »

Would maybe do a deal without the engine , or possible px for cheaper ghia/notch+ cash .
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 09:21:56 am »

at that time it was ok to leave the rear window decal in place when selling a car.
Cheesy Cheesy Actually, it never was 'OK' - caused plenty of 'discussion' among members over the years...  Wink

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
vwhelmot

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 10:47:29 am »

In other words, take that sticker off   Grin
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 11:17:11 am »

Its part of the car's history as well as the club's...

Credit to the previous owner and you Donald while it's been in your care, having seen it a few times in person if I had the cash this would be sitting on my drive.

I know Gaz Thompson in the Rennwagens never really got over selling his Zenith Blue 67 Don, might be worth dropping him a line )if he's not already reading this right now!).

Paul Bahnstormerz

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 19:33:10 pm »

at that time it was ok to leave the rear window decal in place when selling a car.
Cheesy Cheesy Actually, it never was 'OK' - caused plenty of 'discussion' among members over the years...  Wink

Didn't the Goss Chop Top have the decals in the mid 90s?
dth

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 20:01:06 pm »

As far as i,m concerned the decal adds to the car , its part of its history ,emailed the club to confirm details ,and they
said it was "ok" for the decal to have been left on the car when it was sold. If anyone feels the need to remove it they
are free to do so , will only cost them £13,750 for the privelege. After that they can paint it pink and fit some 3 spokes,
although i hope they wouldnt. Nothing more to be said on this can of worms, except this ,

DKP is open to clean, fast Street VWs in the spirit of the original California Look

Membership is open to enthusiasts from Southern California

It would appear rules are made to be broken  Wink .
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 20:44:40 pm »

Jesus. Talk about panties on fire. You've all misread (or read too much into) my comment. It's simply that the club rules were always that the decals are to be removed from a car when it's sold. The fact they weren't is a bonus for the new owner, that's all.
FYI, there are two members from outside SoCal – one in Japan, one in the UK. Club's prerogative to decide on membership – and who is granted decals.
I chose to remove the decals from the chop-top and Bluey when I sold them even though they may have added to the value or desirability, and I only know of one club car sold which left the decals in, and this is it. Doug Mische (reluctantly, it has to be said) bowed to pressure to remove the decals before selling his car to Russell. And then (naughtily) gave some more decals to the new owner...
My comment was only that although somebody might have said it's OK about the decals being in the car now, the fact that Phil had left them in the car wasn't a popular move. That's not any criticism of the current owner – more a bonus from his point of view! ;-)
Good luck with the sale – I saw the car up close when it was in Newton Abbott (Heathfield) and it is indeed a typically solid SoCal car.

dth

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 20:52:21 pm »

Hi Keith , i never took any offence to your comment , just having a bit of fun , good to hear some insider
information regarding these things , i,ll maybe bump up the price if its a one off Wink . Ye we had a sneaky
look at your Porsche when we collected the car , i think it was just out the paintshop Smiley
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 09:59:45 am »

Good luck with the sale – I saw the car up close when it was in Newton Abbott (Heathfield) and it is indeed a typically solid SoCal car.

Who owned it there Keith?

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 14:24:02 pm »

I think it was just in the workshop...

dth

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 19:01:28 pm »

Who owned it there Keith?
It was the guy i bought it from Jamie , he had it stored in with some very nice Porsches , while his other car was getting the engine from this one fitted to it.
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 06:22:00 am »

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 07:16:49 am by WCB Hitler's Hot Rod » Logged

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Eddie DVK

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 08:44:17 am »

so what.
Let the guy sell his beautifull EX DKP car in this thread.

Start your own sticker thread/topic.

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2016, 19:10:30 pm »

Hmmmmm! have to sort of agree with Keith; .....like wearing a Hells Angels jacket without being a member?? I would imagine the actual members would be pissed knowing what they had to do to join the club! Shocked Shocked Huh

Or using the Name "Hitler" as a Username..,. Think that's cool....NO....

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 23:20:32 pm »

BahahaHahaha! 
That's funny!! ^^^^^^ Good one!
Smiley

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
kev d

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 20:16:31 pm »

Proper cal looker there mate, would love to have it off you Cool
Cheers
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
dth

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 21:15:44 pm »

When you want to collect Kev Wink , aye i love it , was moving it around today at the unit ,sun was out , got me thinking again  Smiley
dth

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 23:20:32 pm »

All MOT,d again and good to go Smiley Smiley
dth

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 07:20:28 am »

On the road and running well , still for sale if anyones after a proper looker Smiley
dth

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 07:05:19 am »

Not really been pushing this , but could do with moving it on just now,
sale or px on cheaper notch or ghia (must be solid) , or sale minus the engine etc.
Smiley NOW SOLD
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 21:19:34 pm by dth » Logged
nightmair nick

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 15:02:11 pm »

wish i had seen this add before...where did it go? stayed in UK?

cal look fever...for ever
dth

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 18:14:42 pm »

Hi mate , was up for a while , it went fairly local to me , not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing,
hate seeing my old cars running around , but as a plus it is coming back to my shop for service etc,
so still get to drive it Wink
Andrew

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 20:30:21 pm »

May I say, the car is a credit to Donald's skills?

The new engine hasn't missed beat in over 1,000 miles!

Just hope I can be a worthy custodian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: