The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 19:31:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350676 Posts in 28571 Topics by 6818 Members
Latest Member: Mk-Zero
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Ant's 67
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ant's 67  (Read 19424 times)
Neil Davies

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 06:26:43 am »

You're lucky then, our school car needs everything from the windscreen forwards and the bottom foot too!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
AntLockyer

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2019, 07:01:29 am »

The severe nose down stance saved mine haha

12.618 @ 104.87mph
AntLockyer

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2019, 11:38:47 am »

I said in a previous post that being able to wheel it around was an issue and the trailing arms had seized in the bearings, well I jacked it up and while not super loose they did just fall with a little help, I've raised it up to a sensible height and will see if the front tyres hold air, the rears seem ok.

I'll make a decision on what to do about the beam at a later date, hopefully with a bit of working up and down they'll free up some more. I'm tempted to take the whole lot out and replace the bearings if the trailing arms will come out but it goes against my 'path of least resistance' stance.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
AntLockyer

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2019, 09:46:30 am »

Trying to do a Monday update each week to keep me on it.

On the repairs side of things I'm starting with the worst side on the left. It's a bit of a jigsaw with bit of channel, floor, inner wing and A pillar bottom to do. I took the door off and measure up for the A pillar repair section. As I'm using really nice parts there I though that would be the bet place to start as I've also got a fixture to ensure it is lined up with the top. Decided the channels I had weren't good enough so ordered another pair yesterday which should be here soon.

As I was carrying a bare door and a door with windows in yesterday I realised I don't really want to put window regulators and glass in so am on the hunt for some cheap polycarbonate. Of course I did have a full set of lexan windows that I sold on here years ago when I changed direction and wanted a street car.

One of the body to beam bolt snapped putting it in, I took that as a sign that I should replace the potentially sticky beam with the new one I have in the garage. I'll wait till I've done the floor/body repairs before taking that out.

I bought a close ratio box (3.78, 2.06, 1.58, 1.22 with a 4.12 R&P).

Also talking to Danny Pike I've decided to not use my Poly seat and buy an aluminium one. Also need to check on the rules about the top/rear mount and how that will be done. If it needs cage modification I'll have it done at the same time as the couple of bits that need rewelding.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
AntLockyer

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2019, 15:54:47 pm »

Not a huge update this week as I went to watch drag racing on Saturday (got lots of ideas).

I have all the panels and have marked cut lines on the body, the double skinned area in the footwell needs further thought. The replacement panel is the right shape and size but the pressings are not, so taking patches out of it for the mall bits that need doing wont work.

On the engine side of things I've gone through and replaced a couple of bits here and there, I've got a clutch and the start of some simple clutch management to try and save parts.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
AntLockyer

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2019, 16:29:17 pm »

Worlds shortest update this week. Awful weather and a very busy schedule saw me do nothing but collect my gearbox Smiley

this week is supposed to be just as wet so I need to come up with some in the garage jobs to do.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
AntLockyer

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2019, 10:52:42 am »

A bit more progress this week. Most of it angle grinder related

At the rear this is the only bit that is rusty. I'm going to replace that part of the channel and the part that's gone at the front. After thats done I'll do an entire pan half. Currently debating if I should use a good quality one which is 3 times the price and 3kgs heavier than the cheap one Smiley

The floor pan is solid on the part that bolts to the channel, so the plan is to do the channel and A pillar then replace the front floor. This leaves the front bulkhead, the replacement panel is awful, totally different pressings so hard to use for patches. Still need to work out what to do but I'm leaning towards cutting the whole lower bulkhead out and putting in the replacement panel.

I also went to my lock up and pulled out a bunch of parts including this fuel cell I don't remember owning. I'll clean it up block the return line on the top and add a second outlet at the bottom.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
Neil Davies

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2019, 19:26:33 pm »

I think I said earlier about the pans I had from VW Heritage - made in Taiwan but really impressive. Supplied oversize but easy enough to trim down - about 12mm off each end and the spine side if I remember correctly.

If you want to, pm me your phone number and I'll WhatsApp a load of photos from school tomorrow - one pan half is nearly in so perfect timing!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
andy198712

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2019, 21:22:08 pm »

do you live alone?  Grin
AntLockyer

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2019, 22:11:53 pm »

do you live alone?  Grin

No but I paid for the dishwasher so I'll use it Smiley

I think I said earlier about the pans I had from VW Heritage - made in Taiwan but really impressive. Supplied oversize but easy enough to trim down - about 12mm off each end and the spine side if I remember correctly.

If you want to, pm me your phone number and I'll WhatsApp a load of photos from school tomorrow - one pan half is nearly in so perfect timing!

Cool, are they the cheaper sub £70 ones? The dearer ones come with the rear cross member which I probably don't need.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
Neil Davies

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2019, 09:13:09 am »

They are the more expensive ones - £169 a side, although that is for the '70-'72 ones, not sure if the earlier ones are cheaper.
 https://www.vwheritage.com/111701061mrg-left-side-floorpan-half-vw-spare

Got your pm, photos coming shortly!

AntLockyer

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2019, 10:21:32 am »

Cool same price for the earlier ones. I think I also need the thing to mount the pedal cluster too.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
AntLockyer

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2019, 12:06:44 pm »

pent a fair few hours on the car last week. Passenger side heater channel repair is ready to be tacked in and I've got plans for the floor and firewall on that side too. Doesn't sound like much but that's probably 16 hours in all.

Got new gaskets for engine and box, along with lots of nice new hardware. Just need to get some M8 studs now to do the job properly.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
AntLockyer

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2019, 10:35:06 am »

I've done nothing but gather parts for a month. With the car being outside and the weather being wet anytime I wanted to do something I've been stuck.

New plan is to see if I can fit the car in the garage alongside my motorbike, it means clearing out a LOT of stuff first though.

12.618 @ 104.87mph
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: