The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:51:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351059 Posts in 28638 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Aftermarket pulley issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Aftermarket pulley issue  (Read 3193 times)
stretch

« on: April 17, 2016, 17:04:07 pm »

Has anyone had an issue installing an aftermarket crank pulley and have it touching the case causing it to bind?  It's a power pulley and I'm using it to clear a CB dry sump pump.  Can I just space the pulley away from the case using a spacer kit?  Thanks.
dth

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 17:13:14 pm »

It would be worth comparing the stub on the pulley to another one , see what the difference is,
if there is a difference then i dont see a problem running a spacer , or if there is enough material
on the back of the pulley get it clearenced ?
stretch

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 17:22:20 pm »

Cheers Donald.  I'll compare it to the old pulley I was using.  I just wondered if it was a common problem.
richie

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 17:31:14 pm »

Cheers Donald.  I'll compare it to the old pulley I was using.  I just wondered if it was a common problem.

Some pulleys come with a spacer in the packaging now so guessing its a common problem Wink  As long as your pulley bolt has plenty of threads still then will be fine,  Is it an Ally case?

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
stretch

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 20:39:18 pm »

Thanks for the info Richie.  I was beginning to wonder if I'd done something catastrophically wrong.

Yes, it's an ally case.
fish

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 12:29:15 pm »

A local guy had an engine lock solid caused by the binding of Ally case and Ally pulley.

Had a fight with a Magneto, it won!
kb

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 12:35:57 pm »

A local guy had an engine lock solid caused by the binding of Ally case and Ally pulley.

I've had that myself on an AutoLinea case and EMPI laser engraved pulley.
Upon disassembly, the brand new engine case cracked a bit at the pulley-end. Had to get it welded, and then "line bored" the pulley hole again.. Not fun, 2-3 days before the race.. But got it fixed in time Shocked
Roman

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 11:49:50 am »

I've had that myself on an AutoLinea case and EMPI laser engraved pulley.
Upon disassembly, the brand new engine case cracked a bit at the pulley-end. Had to get it welded, and then "line bored" the pulley hole again.. Not fun, 2-3 days before the race.. But got it fixed in time Shocked

I had that problem too. Now I only use steel center pulleys.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: