The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 18:17:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  IDA weber tuning
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IDA weber tuning  (Read 4201 times)
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« on: June 19, 2016, 09:03:46 am »

Found this, lots of info and s good read

http://www.timsroadster.com/html/tuning_webers.html

Happy reading

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Jesse/DVK

'64 2176cc

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 21:43:37 pm »

Very nice find! Especially about timing and pump jet tuning.

Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Jeff68

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 15:07:25 pm »

What a great reference / article! IMO anyone who is running IDA's should read this. I have other references for IDA's but this one has real world tuning advice that is really helpful. Also the section on fuel supply and regulators is excellent and has great information. I'm about to go to an electric fuel pump and regulator setup and instead of just using what others have used I'm going to use the information in this article to make an educated choice. I have read this information by other knowledgeable resources and his advice agrees with what I've read.

Thanks for posting this Ron!
Phil West

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 15:30:23 pm »

Agreed - very nice Grin
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 21:50:09 pm »

What a great reference / article! IMO anyone who is running IDA's should read this. I have other references for IDA's but this one has real world tuning advice that is really helpful. Also the section on fuel supply and regulators is excellent and has great information. I'm about to go to an electric fuel pump and regulator setup and instead of just using what others have used I'm going to use the information in this article to make an educated choice. I have read this information by other knowledgeable resources and his advice agrees with what I've read.

Thanks for posting this Ron!

Found it while surfing for some info on a 46 Ida I won on eBay

Haven't had time to read it all but really interesting

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Jeff68

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 13:34:13 pm »

The article you posted also has good information about cams and cam selection for an IDA equipped engine as well. Also, if you search the old Inglese induction website information he / they used to have some good technical and general advice regarding Weber tuning. Inglese was purchased by another company now so the current website is different I think.
Jeff68

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 14:42:28 pm »

My curiosity get the best of me......THE website is jiminglese.com....Jim Ingelse has been working with weber carburetors for 35 years and is still doing it albeit for the V8 guys...nonetheless, a lot of great information at his site....under common questions - a great little section on cam selection and lobe separation angle. This is also discussed on the site Ron posted....I think Ron visited Jim Ingese's website as the tools and graphics are the same....I was surprised to learn he's from Connecticut, same as me  Cool (I live in Florida now though)
Felix/DFL

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 14:38:02 pm »

Great!Thank`s for posting that link.

Makes so much more light in some dark spots about the IDA`s espacilly with the pump jet exhaust and idle holder.
How much gears (3,4?) does a cobra have? As he writes about tuning sugesstion with second and thrird gear selection.
That info with the extremly helpfull knowledge of Jim Ratto about the different emulsion tubes, some time, and bang your done  Grin

For complement the Ingelese link written above:
http://jiminglese.com/weberwebsite_005.htm

Have fun, Felix
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: