The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 21:50:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Where can I get main bearing studs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where can I get main bearing studs?  (Read 2333 times)
StewRat

« on: June 21, 2016, 15:02:44 pm »

I'm posting this request like confetti across the internet so apologies if you see it elsewhere - a bit desperate as I'm trying to see if there is *any* chance I can get the Stew Rat ready in time for VW Action as my sons announced on father's day that they have arranged for us all to go!

Getting into my crankcase I discover that it has no main bearing studs - the 6 large studs that go into the LHS case beside the main bearings and secure through the side of the RHS case. I explain that only because so far most people think I'm talking about the dowel pins.

I cannot find anyone who sells them - not the usual suspects anyway. Seems they "always" come with the case.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Stewart

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

The Stew Rat build thread http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,25365.0.html
richie

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 15:20:00 pm »

Best place is out of a genuine mag case from 60s or 70s, just an old scrap case is best

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
StewRat

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 15:51:10 pm »

Thanks - hadn't thought of that.

Was fixated on just getting the credit card out online.

Which would still be easier ...

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

The Stew Rat build thread http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,25365.0.html
richie

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 16:33:31 pm »

Thanks - hadn't thought of that.

Was fixated on just getting the credit card out online.

Which would still be easier ...

Maybe but the old stuff is much better quality Wink

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
StewRat

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 17:31:33 pm »

Sorted - thanks to the kind help of Mr DTH.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: