The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:28:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  The DDS gasser / pro stock
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The DDS gasser / pro stock  (Read 4481 times)
Brian Rogers

« on: March 22, 2018, 03:12:12 am »

OK had a few pics of Deans orange and purple chopped Super Beetle. That hard drive is history with a lot of other things. Dean Lowery’s grand daughter has posted on FB making inquiries about her grandfather. This reintroduced to me pics I’d lost and would like to reacquire. Some were from the original Cal-look.com, including the wreck. I’m most interested in any picks from when it was used on the street. Any build pics would be great. I have access to a few curved windshield SBs for cheap. Just wondering of the possibilities.
Any help is much appreciated.
Greg G

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 19:05:01 pm »

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 19:06:30 pm »

Brian the data on the hard drive can be saved.  You just need to find a tech guy to extract it

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Brian Rogers

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 21:54:15 pm »

I’ve a forcenect guy at it right now. I’m in a budget situation with it. He’s a friend and can only devote so much time to it.
The pic above is part of what I’m after. Need a frontal view as well.
Thank you.
Neil Davies

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 22:14:10 pm »

Brian, I always thought it had a similar roof profile to the Bugster car that ran in the UK in the mid '90's. When you move away from a glass screen you can do anything to the roof!

Lids, I had an external hard drive fail a year or so ago and wipe out 14 years of teaching resources... two separate tech guys looked at it and it was dead!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Brian Rogers

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 20:55:20 pm »

The thing I find interesting is the chop, smoothed rain gutters. And the fitment of the glass front end. Looking at the above pic there’s a tranny raise involved. If I recall this was a tube framed chassis and not a pan car. Who did the build?
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 21:16:19 pm »

Brian, I always thought it had a similar roof profile to the Bugster car that ran in the UK in the mid '90's. When you move away from a glass screen you can do anything to the roof!

Lids, I had an external hard drive fail a year or so ago and wipe out 14 years of teaching resources... two separate tech guys looked at it and it was dead!

We had the same happen to a laptop, took it to work, IT guy took out the hard drive and plugged into some sort of docking machine.

Was able to extract all files, but names were all odd, not what they were saved as

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Russell

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 07:57:30 am »

Brian

Yes it was a tube chassis, which I purchased from Mark Reily son in law of Dean or Ken. the chassis was sold to Norway to a guy on the lounge. I still have that exhaust some where and the APMR engine along with some other bits....

Yip was a very cool car

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
Brian Rogers

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 15:21:27 pm »

Would there be any other pics of the chassis? Trying for ideas for a set up as to do a tribute. Thinking like a back half of the car to raise the drivetrain. Mostly thinking as to how it could be accomplished on the inexpensive, not a true race car.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: