The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 17:48:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350681 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Cal-look window seals not fitting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cal-look window seals not fitting  (Read 2151 times)
Martin S.

« on: June 27, 2016, 22:41:30 pm »

I was wondering if anyone else has tried the OE GENUINE GERMAN window seals that CIP has been selling. They are the premium seals that they sell along with the cheaper versions. On Saturday, me and the body shop guy Frank, along with his son, tried like hell to fit the rear window in with this seal and no matter how hard we tried, we couldn't get the window in place without it popping back out. Compared to the old seals on the car, the inside edge which contacts the window frame had more rubber and stuck out almost as far as the inner and outer lips where the old rubber had the inside area recessed. Anyone else had this problem? I called CIP and they said there is normally no problem. Here is the seal: https://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C24-111-845-521-D

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Critter1

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 00:35:09 am »

Not sure about CIP.... But I've had best luck with WCM rubber. That's my .02 cents.  Smiley
modnrod

Old School Volksies

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 00:44:03 am »

I have a set of those too Martin, I think, I bought them maybe 18mths ago now for spares.
I did check them against the original ones and at a glance they looked OK, but didn't have a decent look.

If I understand the groove for the window frame isn't cut deep enough into the moulding?  Huh
modnrod

Old School Volksies

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 02:06:10 am »

So I had a decent look........

......and have come to the conclusion that, possibly, maybe, our "best quality OEM genuine German" window seals might be multi-grooved to suit big and small back windows, and NOT of the highest quality we thought?

The rubber looks OK and feels like it should though, so I don't know. Is yours the same as this Martin?

*sigh* I knew I should have asked for a better freight quote from WCM like I've always done in the past..........
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:08:23 am by modnrod » Logged
Martin S.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 03:02:50 am »

That's the same as mine. It's like it was made for a different car. See my pic. The lower seal is the CIP one. See how the good one above is trimmed back in the middle? https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0fJEsNWnGLCXQa

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: