The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 20:41:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  New here saying hello!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New here saying hello!  (Read 6196 times)
67jason

« on: July 28, 2016, 13:01:04 pm »

Greetings, new here, but not new to VW's or Cal-lookers.  Some of you may know me from FB or the samba or elsewhere.  I have been aware of this forum for a while (yearsl lol) and never took the time to register....but have referenced this site many times while searching for information on various things.

Here are a few shot of my Cal-Look inspired daily driver -

Engine specs - 2180cc
DPR 82mm crank
AA Thickwall 92's
Engle FK7
Custom ported and polished 044 heads - all head work done by VW Performance Phoenix AZ.
CR 8.02:1
SCAT 1.4 Rockers
CB 1 1/2 inch heater box exhaust system
45 dellorto's

gearbox - pro-street 4.12 with .82 4th - nothing to fancy.

And my wife's daily thrown in for good measure -

Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 13:34:00 pm »

Welcome Jason!
Thanks for showing and telling us a bit about your cars. Looks very nice!

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 16:06:34 pm »

Welcome here Jason!

It's good to see some "new" blood coming  Wink

You've got some very nice rides!
67jason

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 16:28:45 pm »

Thanks guys - glad to be here! (even though I should have joined a long time ago lol).

I'd like to ad that both cars above are 100% true daily drivers - the only modes of transportation me and my wife own. I drove the Ghia from SF Bay Area to OC in June for the Classic events, and the white car just completed the 20th Anniversary Gene Berg Memorial Cruise - put 2000 miles on it, and drove it to work the day after I got home (and my work commute is 52 miles each way  Wink)
Joel Mohr

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 16:32:40 pm »

Just to clarify, that's Doug Berg squattin' next to the '67....

SEE YA AT THE RACES!!!
67jason

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 16:39:07 pm »

that is true!  it was at one of the shop stops we did on the recent berg cruise...and I didnt stage that shot either.  i was wondering around and noticed Doug chillin at the best spot he could find and snapped the pic - "right on!" is what he said when he realized what I had done lol.  My family and the Berg family go wayyyyyy back  Wink
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 16:52:37 pm »

that is true!  it was at one of the shop stops we did on the recent berg cruise...and I didnt stage that shot either.  i was wondering around and noticed Doug chillin at the best spot he could find and snapped the pic - "right on!" is what he said when he realized what I had done lol.  My family and the Berg family go wayyyyyy back  Wink

I thought it was you on pics  Wink
So.Cal.Life

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 18:34:33 pm »

Sad , I didnt know the day and time the Memorial cruize drove past Roseburg Oregon , assuming you were on I-5 north ? I could have met up for a rest stop etc, Great looking car Jason welcome to the Lounge . Doug looks well , Have also known the Bergs for 40+ yrs and worked for them two seperate times during the 80s and love them all .
Jim Ratto

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 18:58:07 pm »

Welcome. Nice car and I like the engine configuration, seems like good recipe for a real driver, gotta admire the thought put into that combination. I bet it runs cool, consistent and has plenty of pull.
67jason

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 19:12:04 pm »

Welcome. Nice car and I like the engine configuration, seems like good recipe for a real driver, gotta admire the thought put into that combination. I bet it runs cool, consistent and has plenty of pull.

The drivetrain in a crappy 67 bug was on Roger Crawfords chasis dyno june 2015 - made 145ftlbs @ 3900...plenty of pull Smiley. And yes it runs cool and is very tame and consistent....not the fastest thing out there but one couldn't ask for anything better for a 100+ mile daily commute!
67jason

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 19:19:29 pm »

Sad , I didnt know the day and time the Memorial cruize drove past Roseburg Oregon , assuming you were on I-5 north ? I could have met up for a rest stop etc, Great looking car Jason welcome to the Lounge . Doug looks well , Have also known the Bergs for 40+ yrs and worked for them two seperate times during the 80s and love them all .

Sorry you missed the berg cruisers...aj sims did most of the planning/organizing for this one snd there wasnt a lot of word spread on the full details unfortunately. There was also a small number of cars, dee, doug, courtney....aj sims...robert kong....my dad, brother, sister and myself. But it was a blast!! AJ and Dee are talking about one next year and theres some serious chatter about a big one for the 25th anniversary in a few years.
Donny B.

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 21:12:28 pm »

There will be a Reunion of the original Berg Cruisers on August 13th.  Meet at the Berg shop the morning of the 13th and participate in around town cruise.  The specifics aren't set in stone yet.  Rick Mortensen and I will be driving over on Friday to enjoy.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 21:25:07 pm by Donny B. » Logged

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Donny B.

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 21:19:09 pm »

There will be a Reunion of the original Berg Cruisers on August 13th.  Meet at the Berg shop the morning of the 13th and participate in around town cruise.  The specifics aren't set in stone yet.  Rick Mortensen and I will be driving over on Friday to enjoy.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
bilboa2

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 04:28:56 am »

Doug rocks... Donnie, will try and make it down next weekend to see you and Rick, All the BERG'S rock... Take care.  bill
bilboa2

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 05:18:13 am »

oops, oh yeah,  very nice white car, ya gotta like those white cars with brms....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: