The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 21:35:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351087 Posts in 28639 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  1959 Cal look street/strip project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1959 Cal look street/strip project  (Read 2571 times)
petebugsy

« on: September 11, 2016, 16:25:27 pm »

1959 Cal look street/strip project (Please read carefully as a lot of information below)

Up for grabs a fantastic project that with a bit of time and effort will make into a fun and fast street/strip car.
I’ve owned this car since 2007 and always had plans to build it, unfortunately after all this time it’s never really progressed and now I have bigger projects which means I really need to free up some space.

The car is loosely assembled and in a rolling condition.

1959 LHD chassis- UK registered, age related number plate, V5 in my name and currently SORN
The chassis is in very good condition. I have replaced the battery tray but otherwise the pans are original and unwelded.
8” narrowed Airevalley beam (which is to narrow in my opinion) I have fitted this only to make car move able, it was off my previous ‘54 beetle. Included in the sale is a part finished 4” beam that I was going to run, but I have no leaves for this beam hence fitment of current item.
Fitted with fully rebuilt dropped spindles, the front suspension is in great shape and ready to run. Disc brakes on front, but no calipers included.
1200 gearbox fitted with powder coated short axles, backing plates and springplates. Most of the brake hardware is included.

1961 RHD body- Non semaphore, push button door handles
The body is in very good condition (This car was fully restored in it’s past to a very good standard)
Spare wheel well and tank support have been cut out.
Rear bulkhead and inner wings have been removed. Steel frame fitted for alloy paneling.

T45 half cage- Not fitted
Empi low back buggy seats with covers (new)
Vintage speed 11.5” quick shifter (new)
Full set of fiberglass wings (very good quality, new)
Java Aronson decklid (new)
Awesome vintage steering wheel (Cost £350)
Set of 5.5” BRM’s (probably MWS or similar)
Michelin 135 ZX front tires (new)
Street TD rear tires (used)
Lucas flat lense indicators (new)
No glass other than rear window and doors (I was going to run plastic). Full set of trimless window seals included

NO ENGINE
http://s346.photobucket.com/user/petebugsy72/library/?sort=3&page=1

£2000 ono

Overall a great little project that I’ll be sad to see go,but needs must.
Car is located in Gloucester and viewing is recommended.
I will be away from 19th-26th September, but viewing available before and after those dates.
Any questions please call or message me on 07803 597322 (only text message between above dates please)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 16:27:46 pm by petebugsy » Logged
Neil Davies

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 22:03:15 pm »

I think I know the shell! Did you get it from Kingfisher Kustoms? If so, it was a very nice car, solid too.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
petebugsy

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 10:44:19 am »

I think I know the shell! Did you get it from Kingfisher Kustoms? If so, it was a very nice car, solid too.

This may well be the car you know. It used to belong to Chris Stark who lives in Wolverhampton, so every chance it would have been around at Fishers.
petebugsy

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 15:33:26 pm »

SOLD
Neil Davies

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 17:56:01 pm »

This may well be the car you know. It used to belong to Chris Stark who lives in Wolverhampton, so every chance it would have been around at Fishers.

It is indeed! Chris bought my race car off me after this one. Nice collection of parts you've assembled, I'd love to have had a bash at it myself! New owner has a cracking project in front of them.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: