The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:59:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350685 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  A Legend for sale
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: A Legend for sale  (Read 20673 times)
andrewlandon67

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 22:37:34 pm »

Did anyone ever figure out where this car ended up?
   Dave still has it

Good to know, thanks! If I ever get out to California again, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it!

p.s. that picture in HVWs of you skateboarding with the Pepto replica in the background is the coolest thing I've seen in that magazine in years!

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

"Walking Softly and Carrying a Big Fucking Stick" - Zach G.
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 15:28:32 pm »

Dave still has it

Good to know, thanks! If I ever get out to California again, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it!

p.s. that picture in HVWs of you skateboarding with the Pepto replica in the background is the coolest thing I've seen in that magazine in years!
  thanks, it was all Stephan's idea. Dave lives in Oregon now, but the car is still in OC. He is going to take it up there, but it has not happened yet.

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
andrewlandon67

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 18:13:30 pm »

Dave still has it

thanks, it was all Stephan's idea. Dave lives in Oregon now, but the car is still in OC. He is going to take it up there, but it has not happened yet.
Good to know! I'm glad to hear the car is still his, as if it would ever not be Mason's car.

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

"Walking Softly and Carrying a Big Fucking Stick" - Zach G.
stealth67vw

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2018, 07:14:20 am »

Dave still has it
Oh yeah? Where in Oregon? I'm in Southern Oregon.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2018, 16:44:36 pm »

Dave still has it
Oh yeah? Where in Oregon? I'm in Southern Oregon.

Dave is in Roseburg I believe

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
stealth67vw

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2018, 17:15:44 pm »

Cool.That's an hour north of me.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
JeeWee

the Netherlands

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2018, 17:23:44 pm »

What a great car! Is there any wallpaper available? And does anyone know historische front axle setup? Looks like stock width
RichardinNZ

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2018, 05:05:07 am »

What I've always loved about the photos I've seen of the car is that looking at them you can almost kid yourself that the suspension is stock and it's just running some fancy wheels and tyres....then you see the cage and the nitrous bottle......

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Richard, Auckland, New Zealand

'58 Bug; NZ assembled
Dual Carb 36hp
Neil Davies

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2018, 08:29:10 am »

I don't like US-spec bumpers and I'm not keen on chrome trim on a cal look car, but this is the exception to the rule. I didn't get any numbers on the lottery at the weekend so I'll have to wait until next Saturday.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: