The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 18:46:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  INCH PINCHER 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: INCH PINCHER 1  (Read 26973 times)
alex d

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 12:14:31 pm »

Is it just me ot at one point it had a big-window drivers side door and a small window in the passenger side?
JS

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 12:16:09 pm »

Excellent thread, Fabs!!!  Grin

Signature.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 12:22:22 pm »

thanks trond , j-f , js  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »

Is it just me ot at one point it had a big-window drivers side door and a small window in the passenger side?
wich one alex Huh may be is one empi fiberglass door , and the mount was an late model  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

alex d

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2008, 12:35:26 pm »

wich one alex Huh may be is one empi fiberglass door , and the mount was an late model  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

look at the '69 and '70 pics
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 13:24:10 pm »

look at the '69 and '70 pics
this one
the door handle look like an 65 model , may be like i said up the doors are fiberglass and may be moulded on an 65 one

deano

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 13:54:17 pm »

irwindale 69 the ip 1 had is new vinyl flower power roof   Shocked Shocked

This photo I believe was taken at the old Fontana Raceway....

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 15:08:10 pm »

may be deano , the day i pîck up the picture on the net it was written irwindale now  I didn't live it socal and does not know too much the landscape to tell to recognize the place Roll Eyes
thx for the info deano

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 15:46:56 pm »

Great work Fabs!! You are the man!

About the doors, didn't someone here on the lounge say that tey had two different sets of doors for that car? One set of steel "small windows" and a set of fiberglas "big windows"?
Supposedly to allow them to weigh the car up or down according to what class they wanted to enter.

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
deano

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 16:35:11 pm »

Great work Fabs!! You are the man!

About the doors, didn't someone here on the lounge say that tey had two different sets of doors for that car? One set of steel "small windows" and a set of fiberglas "big windows"?
Supposedly to allow them to weigh the car up or down according to what class they wanted to enter.

Yep, that was me. And, "some" of those doors still exist! (and not in Ventura)

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2008, 16:47:08 pm »

wow great collection of picture's, thanks for spending your time posting. so how's your new beer company budweiser.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2008, 17:28:29 pm »

wow great collection of picture's, thanks for spending your time posting. so how's your new beer company budweiser.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2008, 18:05:45 pm »

Fantastic Fabs !

Done ? Not Yet.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2008, 18:19:35 pm »

thx hurry  Wink

Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2008, 19:52:12 pm »

Thx for this interesting article, if you want to do others don't hesitate !

Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2016, 03:37:15 am »

Fiatdude

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2016, 06:56:27 am »

Yes Fontana -- you can see the HV power lines in the background

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2016, 15:09:39 pm »

Fabs, you should seriously consider writing a book.
I'm very glad I can just read your threads here, but your stories and pictures would be good to have in book form :-)

I'd buy that ! Wink

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2016, 17:47:05 pm »

I'm very glad I can just read your threads here, but your stories and pictures would be good to have in book form :-)

I'd buy that ! Wink
Just the small matter of obtaining the original photos and the copyright... It's all very well borrowing photos from other places on the internet, or scanning out of magazines, but that doesn't mean you have the legal right to use them. As soon as you commit to print, watch out... This is why you tend to see the same photos over and over again published in magazines and books - and why it took so long compiling material for the two Cal Look books I did. I have approximately 4000 scanned images for which I obtained the right to use in print, but I don't have the time to do another book – and no publisher would a) be interested or b) be prepared to pay enough to make it worth while. Both Cal Look books lost the publisher money...

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Andrew

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2016, 18:04:34 pm »

So there are two Cal Look books, right.

White Beetle cover and Red Beetle cover?

thanks,

Andrew
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 18:17:45 pm »

That's correct... Smiley

Neil Davies

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2016, 20:04:20 pm »

So there are two Cal Look books, right.

White Beetle cover and Red Beetle cover?

thanks,

Andrew

Or the Old Testament and New Testament as many know them...  Wink

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2016, 00:41:39 am »

I'd buy that ! Wink
Just the small matter of obtaining the original photos and the copyright... It's all very well borrowing photos from other places on the internet, or scanning out of magazines, but that doesn't mean you have the legal right to use them. As soon as you commit to print, watch out... This is why you tend to see the same photos over and over again published in magazines and books - and why it took so long compiling material for the two Cal Look books I did. I have approximately 4000 scanned images for which I obtained the right to use in print, but I don't have the time to do another book – and no publisher would a) be interested or b) be prepared to pay enough to make it worth while. Both Cal Look books lost the publisher money...

How about using new medias such as Blurb? I don't know how it works though, but a lot of photographers on Flickr uses it to "publish" their books.

TyeDyeBug

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2016, 08:52:23 am »

is that roof checkered on the 67?
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2016, 11:50:51 am »

I'd buy that ! Wink

How about using new medias such as Blurb? I don't know how it works though, but a lot of photographers on Flickr uses it to "publish" their books.
And where's the time and financial reward coming from? The unit cost of producing a 150-page book would be astronomical... Self-publishing like this is not a viable option for anything other than a vanity publication ("Hey, look at me and my photographs!"). Also, as I say, time is a major problem - it normally takes between one and two years to put a decent book together.

Neil Davies

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2016, 20:14:38 pm »

Is there an option of crowdfunding? Ginger Wildheart has released albums and a book through Pledge Music. His first go at it resulted in him raising 555% of the total needed, at which point he stopped the process so all the purchasers got an album 6 months or so later once it had been made. And of course he made quite a bit more money because it was all on pre-orders. I'd be willing to pay £30 for a book and have it delivered when it's ready - I ordered Ginger's book last November in the final week before the pledge deadline and it arrived in July.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2016, 11:35:29 am »

Maybe when I retire form editing one mag and working on a second I'll have time. I returned the advance I was paid to do one book three or four years ago as I realised I just wouldn't have time to do it (How to build a high-performance VW engine).
I've never been at ease with the concept of crowd funding, I'm afraid.

Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2016, 01:37:09 am »

The saddest thing about all of this is the amount of knoweledge/infos that won't be shared. But ehre's not much to do about how things work I'm afraid. Hopefully we'll have new great books in the coming years maybe!

cedric

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2016, 09:48:07 am »

Thx fabs for the cool story!
nicolas

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2016, 11:52:24 am »

Maybe when I retire form editing one mag and working on a second I'll have time. I returned the advance I was paid to do one book three or four years ago as I realised I just wouldn't have time to do it (How to build a high-performance VW engine).
I've never been at ease with the concept of crowd funding, I'm afraid.

this may be a very personal opinion, but from all the books i have a few stand out for sure. the callook book, the how to hod rod book and by far the one i have looked at the most must be the green technical book. i have looked at it so much, maybe it is starting to get outdated, maybe some things are revised, but all in all it is a great instruction manual to get into different tuning levels and available parts.
in an age of internet so much is said, some very true and innovative, but most just plain guesswork and copycatting. so a good reference book is what could be considered a jump start to see for someone how things can be done.
i think i can use a parallel with photography here  Wink it is great to have worked with manual cameras, film and a darkroom to know how things basically work. it doesn't mean digital isn't the way to go (it's not really important). but knowing your stops, diaphragm, speeds, iso,… is knowing what you will get as a result insted of a hit and miss tactic.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: