The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 14:28:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  76mm CB crank and 5.4 rods FK8 cam
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 76mm CB crank and 5.4 rods FK8 cam  (Read 20110 times)
Mike Cott

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2017, 17:24:29 pm »

;DHaha yep, I have the case in a very reputable builders hands and I'm only going on his vast experience and advice regards parts, I don't see how •1 different rods would make that much difference. im not that sure what is involved in spot facing etc but as I said I'm sure he knows what he's doing with it. IF I build another I think this case would not be on the menu as it's old and probably be past another messing with so new would be the way to go.
brian e

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2017, 04:53:40 am »

76 crank, 5.5 rods, and B pistons works out almost perfect with a light skim cut to clean up the decks.  With the 5.4 rods, you will either need to deck the case an extra .100", or cut the barrels down the same amount.  The B pistons are also lighter, slipper skirt style, and the pin is higher. All good things to have in a piston.

Brian
uk ida

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 12:09:00 pm »

Hi, this thread makes for some interesting reading, I hear all different tails, about stroker engines in a bus, I'll depends what you what from the finished product,  I have run a  17.76cc in my bus for about 3, years, was OK, but whent 22.76cc about 6years ago best thing ever! pull a house down in any rpm range. Think about final drive and tyre size also of motorway Cruiseing. Keep the good info coming on the thread.  B-) thanks
Mike Cott

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 13:03:10 pm »

Will do Uk Ida, Zach and Brian- I will be purchasing the 5.5s and stroker Pistons as you say it should be close to the correct deck height 👍
Mike Cott

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2018, 22:01:31 pm »

Santa dropped these off for me, 5.5 scat H-beams, stroker B&P’s ordered too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike Cott

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 22:02:00 pm »

94mm

Martin S.

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2018, 18:46:01 pm »

Decking the case like what you are describing is well worth the time/money. Not for setting the deck height to the head, but for a blueprinted engine.
I had this done on my engine and when the heads were dropped into place, there was a nice thunk, as the barrels were square to the crank centerline and to each other.
This will help your engine to not leak at the cylinder head surface, and as well let it rev easily.  Wink

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Mike Cott

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2018, 21:40:44 pm »

Decking the case like what you are describing is well worth the time/money. Not for setting the deck height to the head, but for a blueprinted engine.
I had this done on my engine and when the heads were dropped into place, there was a nice thunk, as the barrels were square to the crank centerline and to each other.
This will help your engine to not leak at the cylinder head surface, and as well let it rev easily.  Wink

That’s good to hear Martin, got B&ps coming then I can take a look at the deck height, been looking heads 🙃 a mind field but I’d say budget will probably play a factor

Mike Cott

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2020, 21:32:17 pm »

well its been a while since I last posted, life gets in the way with kids and work, hope everyone is staying safe with this Corona virus!!!!

Update on the parts I've collected so far, still not managed to get this built but nearly there now.

AS21 case full flowed, hoover mods etc
CB 76mm forged crank
5.5 Scat H-beam rods
FK8 cam
straight cut gears
Scat lightweight lifters
94mm stroker Mahle forged pistons
Weber 44 IDF's
CB Big beef manifold coming that I need to match port
CB Ultra mag heads polished/ported  42 x 37.5
CB Aluminium pushrods
Equalizer pulley

need 1:4 ratio rockers and some  covers, think that's not far off!!!  staying with stock fuel pump, ignition and oil cooling unless there is any gain in swopping out to upgrade

Hopefully get the bottom end built next week whilst we are still in lock down.
Karlos99

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2020, 11:42:44 am »

The 2110 in my baywindow originally was 9:1cr had an FK8, 40x35.5 heads and twin 44’s with a 1” 5/8 header. Drove fantastic with plenty of bottom grunt, happily pull to 6500 and was generally a nice drive. Thoroughly recommend the FK8 in a bus.
leec

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2020, 19:09:44 pm »

Yep, I got scared silly in an early bay with a 76x94 FK8 motor. Proper honked on Smiley
Mike Cott

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2020, 20:02:28 pm »

Happy days, good to get some feed back on real on road experience. This will probably go in my rail at some point also for a little bazz up the 1/4 mile  Grin

what product should I be using to break the cam in?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: