The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 10:24:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350822 Posts in 28601 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Follow up: Looker of the Year
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Follow up: Looker of the Year  (Read 3047 times)
62 Ragtop

Nose down Ass up ...back from paint shop!!!

« on: October 05, 2007, 11:25:14 am »

Guys,

I was wondering a bit, following the threads about "Looker of tha' year", "Race car of tha' decade" discussions, and all the nice looking cars out there.

What about having the moderators/admins, put togheter a poll (and a section similar to the "top racers") but with the emphasis on "Lookers"?? Just to settle the score once and for all!  Grin ...but definitly for the fun of it... perhaps even an award?! Cheesy

I know that I would have a darn hard time choosing from all the nice cars presented in various threads!  Huh

To be politically correct, sure, it could be divided in Race cars, Lookers, European, Worldwide... but maybe that is pushing it.

Or would it be too bombastic, and take the fun outta of it??...

Nonetheless, it would be great too see all nice cars grouped in a nice overview kinda way!  Wink ...and I can't think of a better place than the Lounge!

Just some thoughts...

BR,

Edit: it would also be nice with some "specs-sheet" accompanying a nice picture!  Cool ... ok, I will stop now...

1962 Ragtop L390, 2165cc-to-be, 044CNC, IDA48,Fk8
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 22:06:39 pm »

Guys,

I was wondering a bit, following the threads about "Looker of tha' year", "Race car of tha' decade" discussions, and all the nice looking cars out there.

What about having the moderators/admins, put togheter a poll (and a section similar to the "top racers") but with the emphasis on "Lookers"?? Just to settle the score once and for all!  Grin ...but definitly for the fun of it... perhaps even an award?! Cheesy

I know that I would have a darn hard time choosing from all the nice cars presented in various threads!  Huh

To be politically correct, sure, it could be divided in Race cars, Lookers, European, Worldwide... but maybe that is pushing it.

Or would it be too bombastic, and take the fun outta of it??...

Nonetheless, it would be great too see all nice cars grouped in a nice overview kinda way!  Wink ...and I can't think of a better place than the Lounge!

Just some thoughts...

BR,

Edit: it would also be nice with some "specs-sheet" accompanying a nice picture!  Cool ... ok, I will stop now...

That's a one good Idea!!!

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 00:20:15 am »

I agree, perhaps that would be something for next year so we can do it properly.

I'm seeing...

- a set date for submitting cars
- each car gets their own page/post/thread that would be locked (not sure which yet, could be one thread with a post info/pictures for each car?)
- a poll with a discussion thread
- a set date for ending the poll and announcing the winner... offcourse the users of this forum would be choosing the winner through the poll.. (no russell, you can't add multiple users from the same IP) :-)

I like the idea, and those were my immediate thoughs...

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 01:39:06 am »

How about a small window decal, similar to a club decal, that could read "Cal-Look Lounge Car of the Year" or similar.  Include the year, i.e. 2007, 2008, etc., and the owner could proudly display on his car.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 02:04:28 am »

Now that is a cool idea.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 08:52:26 am »

top idea Cheesy
Sarge

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 21:25:23 pm »

How about a yearly Lounge Looker Top Ten?

DKP III
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: