The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 18:20:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350688 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Quicksilver 4-puck plate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quicksilver 4-puck plate  (Read 2374 times)
modnrod

Old School Volksies

« on: March 07, 2017, 09:24:10 am »

I was surfing through the delights of Scat VWs website and I saw this 4-puck clutch plate.
With a 2500lb (or so......) pressure plate it grabs "now" according to the description, but if you use a 1700lb pressure plate then it has a bit of slip first.
So if you used a 1200lb plate, would it slip a bit more, but still give more grip after that than a stock clutch plate?

Is there a better way than the Quicksilver for a streeter to get a bit of initial slip then grab tight?

I've never heard of it up until now, asking for opinions and/or testing please. I need a new clutch anyway.
richie

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 14:36:56 pm »

I have used them with stage 1 & 2 covers, didn't see much slip with a stage 2 though Shocked   The best street friendly set up I have ever used is stage 1 or 2 with a super daikin disc[be careful to avoid the fake versions], we have run into 10s with them and stage 2, stage one is good for about 150hp and is really soft engagement

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
modnrod

Old School Volksies

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 21:34:54 pm »

Thank you Ritchie, perfect!

Cool
andy198712

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 12:29:26 pm »

i use as Richie says with a stage 1, and its a nice smooth clutch, tad heavier then stock but not by a lot (fine for daily driving) and has lots of modulation, not ON/OFF
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: