The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:30:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  VolksWorld show - No OAP tickets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VolksWorld show - No OAP tickets  (Read 2304 times)
spoolin70

« on: March 08, 2017, 18:53:52 pm »

I've been attending the show for a good few years now and mostly drag my ol man along too (he enjoys it secretly). For the last few years I've got him an OAP ticket entirely legally and made a saving that goes towards breakfast.

Today I got the go-ahead from work to have the Saturday off so I thought I'd order my tickets on line. I'm no Bill Gates but I couldn't find the option for an OAP ticket.

So I called Kelsey publishing and spoke to a chirpy young lady who explained that they 'no longer support OAP tickets'.

Now I understand this from a financial point of view but I presume with a large proportion of entrants eligible (old guys in campers) surely a lot of regular attendees will be a bit miffed.

Or is this a sly way of making the show hip and young to appeal to the rusty, rope around the bumper gang ? 

Or am I just bitter at loosing out my extra breakfast money ?

Rant over
Darren
leec

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:28:43 am »

Hi Darren,

I thought OAP entry prices were fairly standard these days. Do Sandown park website list OAP prices for horse racing events?

Lee
spoolin70

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 07:52:07 am »

Good question Lee

I've checked their site and they certainly do for some horse racing meetings (possibly not every one though).

So is Sandown just the venue host and ticketing is decided by the event organiser ?

They have had an OAP ticket option for a few years now so it was a surprise it's been withdrawn.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: