The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:12:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Supply of heavy duty / race throttle cables in UK...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Supply of heavy duty / race throttle cables in UK...?  (Read 2867 times)
Richierich56

« on: March 25, 2017, 17:50:33 pm »

Anyone have a supply or know where I can get one in the UK? The one that's on the car is a heavy duty one and is super thick. I always like to carry various spares so I bought a cable from a UK based supplier and it is literally 1mm diameter. Plenty of US suppliers have them but with the shipping it'll be nearly £40. Anyone in the UK have a supply / have one I can buy?

Cheers

Rich
Garrick Clark

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 20:26:12 pm »

Why does it have to be heavy duty. I got my extra long cable from Cool air.

Air cooled Engine builder
Andrew

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 07:39:20 am »

Be interested in thus too, if anyone knows?

Thanks

Andrew
Richierich56

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 12:41:20 pm »

Why does it have to be heavy duty. I got my extra long cable from Cool air.

Because, the cable I have in the car currently is heavy duty and it's nice and thick. I always like to keep a spare and bought a 'good quality' cable.....it's literally 1mm thick and I wouldn't want to use it.
Neil Davies

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 15:14:52 pm »

I've always used standard ones and found them to be ok as long as the rest of the run is clear. Pedal mechanism needs to be cleaned and free, tube needs to be smooth and clean with no damage on either end. Even the tube through the fanshroud makes a difference - I've slotted the hole in the shroud in the past to change the angle for dual carb linkages, and a jubilee clip on the back stops it from pulling through.
I did need a longer cable when I played with a turbo once - just used a bus one with the end removed. As far as the barrel clamp at the carbs end, a 13mm bolt with holes for the cable and a grub screw works well and means that you can use a spanner to keep the cable straight as you tighten it up, stopping the risk of a kink at the end.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
paul_f

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 20:41:02 pm »

The empi ones are thick

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: