The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 17:40:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350681 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Holley fuel pump with IDAs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Holley fuel pump with IDAs  (Read 3168 times)
numbnuts

« on: April 02, 2017, 09:15:25 am »

Hi guys,
For those using a holley blue or red pump with IDAs are you using a pre and post filter or just a pre filter?
I read the instructions and it said to run both but I have seen others just run the pre filter. As it tight in the area I will install this if I can simplify the set up I would like to.
Thanks Joel

2854cc 1956 cal looker coming to this space shortly
Mike P

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 23:33:18 pm »

I've run a red pump on my old '60 and have one set up on my notch thats currently under construction.  I ran a filter before and after as recommended.  The pre-pump filter was just that, basically right off of the tank.  The post-pump filter was placed in line above the drivers side axle and before a bulk head fitting in the firewall.  All of this was done with -8 braided line and Earl's fittings then stepped down to -6 from the regulator to the carbs.  I'll try to get some pictures posted of the plumbing for the notchback later, no promises though every time i try and post pictures from my phone they never go through.  Worst case scenario DM me a cell phone # or e-mail and I can send pictures if that way if you want.  Hope this helps.

Mike
Mike P

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 21:49:45 pm »

Ya, so for some reason I can post off of my phone, load photos but when I submit the post it locks and nothing shows up.  Again if you want DM me a cell # or e-mail if you'd like me to get you pictures of my current pump/filter set up.

Mike
Dominick Luppino

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 19:27:36 pm »

I use the Holley 12-125, it's real quite and I pre filter it with a Holley Fuel Filter. It's a 125 GPH, works great!
dragvw2180

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 16:36:30 pm »

Nice !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: