The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 20:50:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350676 Posts in 28571 Topics by 6818 Members
Latest Member: Mk-Zero
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Theoretical question about Turbo motor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Theoretical question about Turbo motor  (Read 3377 times)
runningmonkey

« on: May 17, 2017, 13:39:49 pm »

Long story short, my 2276 did a big end bearing and is now in need of a new crank and a rebuild

Whiles it was at the shop I got offered a 1776 Turbo engine running EFI which was just far to cheap not to buy, I fitted the turbo motor in my bug along with the wiring fuel pipes ECU etc etc and I plan on running it for the rest of the year at which point I may keep it or sell it on. (if Iv not broke it at that point! )

I was just about to order the new 82mm crank for my bow broke 2276 when I had a thought about increasing the CC to 2332 as my case could accommodate a 84mm crank. So Iv now ordered one for the rebuild, so to my theoretical question, once I get my now 2332 back could I turbo it using the system of the 1776? Spec below

AutoLinea ASC Race case
94mm AA Barrel and pistons
Scat 84mm Crank
FK89 cam with scat straight cut gears
Scat Pro wedge ported Cylinder heads 44x37
Scat 1.4 Rockers
1.5Ltr extended sump
Gene Burg 4 into 1 header 1 3/4 exhaust
Full MSD set up
Kennedy stage 2 clutch plate

Cheers in advance John
Martin S.

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 15:19:28 pm »

I did that. I had a Berg low compression 1776 with Kadrons. Then I fit a AJ Sims draw thru turbo kit on the engine with the 2 bbl Weber progressive. Then adapted a EFI draw thru setup with Electromotive on the untouched 1776. Ran that for a while up to 15:1 boost (awesome!). After that rebuilt the motor to 2332 (like you are doing). Adapted the same turbo kit back on the motor, but changing it to blow through, using the same single throttle body. Still running that years later. Same 1-3/8" header, same intake, same EFI as when running the 1776 with an injector change.

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Fiatdude

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 17:31:50 pm »

Depending on the level of boost you enjoy, you should be OK -- -- That is basically what is going into my Ghia right now...

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
runningmonkey

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 12:10:27 pm »

Depending on the level of boost you enjoy, you should be OK -- -- That is basically what is going into my Ghia right now...

Cheers Flatdude, I'd thought given spec of my 2332 that I had to turn the boost down a touch, have you ran your 2332 yet? or you still in the build process?

Here a pic of the 1776 turbo, was in a sandrail but now in my bug, not on the road yet as I need to change the exhaust and a few other bits on bobs 

Fiatdude

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 04:19:27 am »

Not yet -- -- I've been redoing a bunch of stuff and waiting on a part here and there -- -- and working way too much, so when I get home it,s almost time to turn around and go back to work....

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
runningmonkey

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 13:26:18 pm »

Not yet -- -- I've been redoing a bunch of stuff and waiting on a part here and there -- -- and working way too much, so when I get home it,s almost time to turn around and go back to work....

Cool please let us know when you do get round to it, love to know the results  Cool

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: