The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 13:16:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Borla Weber IDA Replacement Fuel Injection
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Borla Weber IDA Replacement Fuel Injection  (Read 3044 times)
Jeff68

« on: August 03, 2017, 21:41:49 pm »

In the last two issues of HotVWs I saw an advertisement for a new fuel injection system marketed by Borla. the interesting thing about this system is that the throttle bodies very closely resemble the 48IDA. The injectors are hidden inside of the float bowl chamber.

You can find some general detail here: https://www.borlainduction.com/weber-ida-replacements.html

Prices start at $1,990 which isn't cheap but if you want fuel injection with an old school look this might be an option. Take a look....
Jim Ratto

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 22:36:42 pm »

A friend of mine is planning out a 2.5L and is considering this system.
Martin S.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 23:26:24 pm »

Wicked! It doesn't say if they come with manifolds or injectors for that price. Those injectors aren't cheap: https://www.summitracing.com/int/search/product-line/deatschwerks-bosch-ev14-universal-fuel-injectors

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 06:50:34 am »

It doesn't come with manifolds.

I remember seeing a similar TB Ida set up years ago. Is this the same one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
type149doug

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 23:06:24 pm »

I'm kinda new to the fuel injection game, but from the reading and numerous questions I have asked regarding throttle body size and theory 48mm is too big!  Unlike a set of carbs which are dependant on venturies and the engine vacuum for fuel atomization...throttle bodies do not.  Throttle bodies are basically a tube that has a throttle plate in it.    There is a certain point where the diameter of the "tube and plate" are ineffective at metering the air  it's referred to as "tip in"  kinda like the emulsion tubes of a carb when transitioning from idle to main circuit.   
   I've read that engines as large as 2322cc need no more than a set of 40mm dual throttle bodies. Any thing else lowers the airspeed/velocity and the engine becomes lazy... kinda like IDAs on a 1600.  It's a shame that there are not more IDA style throttle bodies with smaller throttle plates on the market to allow more usable airspeed for smaller displacement engines.  Just my thoughts, so please bear with me .
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: