The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 16:36:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Can anyone identify these rivieras?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can anyone identify these rivieras?  (Read 3441 times)
beetletom

« on: September 14, 2017, 12:15:08 pm »

Smooth spokes like on original wheels, but with a safety lip on the rim, like repro copies

No manufacturer markings on the wheels whatsoever ?

Unless they are early rocket or American eagle copies?
nicolas

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 16:24:41 pm »

first generation rivieras had flat spokes. i had a set and what also set them apart was that the angles are smoother on the spokes. mine were raw/sandcast but these could be polished some time.
the guy (nico86) i sold them to still has them on his car i believe. he will post as he is still quite active here  Grin
jhicken
DKK

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 05:49:17 am »

Early rivieras, I've seen them with both fat lip (like the one pictured) and one with thin lips, similar to the later style rims. I've heard that they were made by a company called Superior. I've had a few sets over the years, fully polished like the one pictured.

-j.

nicolas

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 07:55:40 am »

yes indeed the early flat spoke type came in fat lip first and later with the thinner lip. both similar, but they do give the rim a specific/different look. the ones in the first seem to be the thin lip style.

there is a topic on rivieras here on the Lounge.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 20:49:03 pm »

Early rivieras, I've seen them with both fat lip (like the one pictured) and one with thin lips, similar to the later style rims. I've heard that they were made by a company called Superior. I've had a few sets over the years, fully polished like the one pictured.

-j.

I would totally run these over the alloys.

Dare to be different

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 15:20:59 pm »

first generation rivieras had flat spokes. i had a set and what also set them apart was that the angles are smoother on the spokes. mine were raw/sandcast but these could be polished some time.
the guy (nico86) i sold them to still has them on his car i believe. he will post as he is still quite active here  Grin

Yes, still have those wheels on my car Smiley

Angles are smoother indeed, and they compared to the wheel pictured on the first post of this thread they don't have this casting around the center. And they have the thin lip without this safety lip for the tire.

Will post a pic later when I'm on my laptop.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: