The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:54:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Dub Dyno results - interesting.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dub Dyno results - interesting.  (Read 2779 times)
modnrod

Old School Volksies

« on: September 18, 2017, 10:49:22 am »

I've been playing with Dub Dyno, just for a giggle (and for a $5 app, why not?).
Thanks to the developer, it's good for a few minutes of down-time.

I plugged in the usual recipe for a daily-driver, the ones I tend to like anyway. I then started playing with different cams (along with appropriate compression to match for 91RON) and got some surprising-to-me results.

1584cc, mild L3 heads, cheap 1.3/8" exh, dual 36 DRLA and then the cams/rockers.

The ghost curve is my go-to daily set-up, stock cam with 1.4 rockers and 7.75:1 compression. Adding W-100, or a C25/1.25s (it doesn't list my favourite Norris 329/1.25s), etc with 8.0:1 moves it all up about 500-750 rpm as you would expect, but if you add either an FK-41/1.4s with 8.0:1 or a FK-7/1.4s with 8.5:1 comp to match, then the curve becomes really quite peaky and the bottom end just drops off completely.

Here is the curve, all credit to the developer again and I hope he doesn't mind........
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Now I've never had a Volksie on the dyno  Cheesy, but I don't remember ever experiencing this big gaping torque hole when using either a W-110/Schneider 140/Berg 309, etc while driving these little engines.

Anyone have any input or dyno curves to share?
Just curious.
 Grin
PPRMicke

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 12:53:33 pm »

Hi
flow in the head Huh
That important.
Is where they stop flowing in mm
Because if the cam lifts more than head flowing
/// Micke
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »