The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:14:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  A bunch of old junk.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A bunch of old junk.  (Read 2680 times)
Dave Galassi

« on: September 25, 2017, 19:11:31 pm »

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Cleaning up over the weekend.  A bunch of old junk, that happens to represent a lot of cars, time and history.  Just thought it was interesting enough to take a few photos of.
Dave Galassi

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 19:16:27 pm »

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Dave Galassi

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 19:21:59 pm »

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 20:16:00 pm »

That's quite a lot's of stuff  Shocked

Would you mind sharing a bit of histories about that?  Wink
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 20:38:50 pm »

That's quite a lot's of stuff  Shocked

Would you mind sharing a bit of histories about that?  Wink

Yes Uncle Dave... tell us some stories

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Dominick Luppino

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 00:39:04 am »

Kind of looks like my junk pile, except my stuff is real junk! Grin
Dave Galassi

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 06:52:22 am »

Dom, we all have piles...........
So, I've worked on a bunch of my cars at work, and also keep some of my parts there.  It just struck me when I was moving this rack how much it represented.  A 40 DCNF with a barrel cut off..........the second of three carburetors used on my 62's blown engine. We took two carbs (one 40 and one 45) and the engine liked the 45 much better, so this one got cast off. A ton of work.  The original Pepco blower we used on the car, until I found one that had been rebuilt (in '61!, but was still fresh) and cast this one away for who knows what.  Two early beetle 1/4 window glasses that had originally been in Russ Welch's split window, with old VVK and Treuhauf stickers still on them.  The set of magnesium American's from Dyno's Notch.  A pair of DEANO single port aluminum end castings that we put aside, as they weren't as big as the no name one's we ended up using on the '62.  An old S&S stinger that I had on a car and got tired of the noise and banging my shins.......  A $35 (that long ago!)Bosch Alternator I found at Pick a Part and couldn't leave behind (as well as the alt stand).  An NOS glass pack that just didn't sound as cool as the one I'm running now.  Side curtains from my Thing that we pulled out of a guys back yard......along with 33 other cars.  NOS American three spoke threaded spinners for the mags.  Model A starter and shock left over from building my roadster.  A bunch of BRM's, each with a story behind it.  Two I found on a VW trike in 1994 and traded a pair of repro 5 spokes for, straight across, two from the swap meet in Pomona, a few from Russ Welch, three from Arizona.......The original steering wheel from Davey and Goliath.  A box with used, but nice early vent windows found at Intershows about a thousand years ago. 
Maybe, subliminally, I put the wheels on the cart so I could roll them out of the building quickly in case there was a fire!

I think if I took this kind of picture in my garage it would break the camera. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: