The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 00:40:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Help with dash
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help with dash  (Read 1912 times)
Buguy

« on: October 25, 2017, 03:02:44 am »

Well I replaced the coil on my car today and when I got in it I was a little disappointed. I haven't driven my car in 9 years. I don't remember the mismatched knobs and it looks like I removed the chrome trim from the dash. So I guess I need to take the trim off of the fuel gauge surround. Also of course get matching knobs. I have the ivory accent in my car by the way. I would really like to get a new steering wheel, but I'm wondering if most of them would look odd with ivory column? I could always pull everything out and black that stuff out if it would end up looking better. Of course my seat tracks are ivory as well. I do have salt and pepper carpet, salt and pepper tweed interior and headliner. What are your thoughts? I was thinking something like and Empi GTV or Grant. Nothing too crazy.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:05:27 am by Buguy » Logged
Neil Davies

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:05:11 am »

I think an Empi woodrim would look really good in there and would work well with the ivory. Wooden dash knobs would work too. As for the dash trim, I'd see if I could get some more and refit it - stick it on with tape or anything. My car is dechromed on the outside, and the handles and rear light trims are satin black. I had the same dilemma as you for the dash so i satin blacked the dash trim too.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Buguy

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 17:14:15 pm »

I like the idea of the wood wheel. But I don't think I'm going to put trim back on it. It's long gone anyway. I think maybe I will just cut the parts that stick out each side of the gas gauge and make that square. Shouldn't look too out of place. I will have to look around at some wood knobs and see if I like that.
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 22:47:30 pm »

I like the idea of the painted chrome trim around your fuel gauge... I would put it back all along the dash and paint it red as well!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: